southerngirl2951

How Do I Move SBD Files?

I need help moving my SBD files back to Sign Blazer so I can cut my vinyl decals. Somehow all my SBD file got moved from Sign Blazer to my C://SBD FILES into a temp. folder. Lucky I though I had lost all my files because in Sing Blazer my files went to black. I did find then but I dont know how to get them back into Sign Blazer. Could anyone PLEASE help me out.

Thank

southerngirl

:wacko:

SB stores it's files to "C://SBD files" by default. What's the problem? When you open a file just tell SB where to find them in the dialog box.

Just leave them in the SBD files folder there is no need to move them. When you open a file in sign blazer look at the top right hand screen and choose the sbd files folder and all of your files will be there.

When you click on "my computer" then click on "c:" you should see the "SBD files". If you open it your files should be there, if they are you may need to reboot your computer and try opening SB and opening a file.

:rolleyes: Thanks you guys..I just send the temp file to my documents and it worked. Im blonde so its sometimes its hard for me to get this knida stuff. Please have a great evening and look forward to hearing from me again.

Thanks Again Guys

southerngirl

Slightly unrelated to the original question ---- I would love to see the SignBlazer application (when it's re-released, as rumored) incorporate a windows-navigation-style Save/Open dialogue, with capabilities to shuffle files around within the computer storage hierarchy. Right now, I have to leave SB and use the Windows Navigator system (Operating system) in order to re-arrange or move SB files into sub-folders. For example, when I finish a job, I need to take it from a "Working" (in-progress) folder that I have created within my SBD FIles root folder, and kick it into the "Jobs Finished" folder (another one that I've created).

In fact, within my Jobs Finished folder, I have additional sub-folders for each month, all of those nested within folders by year)

As you can see, just leaving EVERYTHING loose within SBD Files is not sufficient, and having some sort of internal organization keeps me on track. So, that said, I look forward to the day when SignBlazer provides drag&drop feature in the Open/Save box.

@slice&dice- You can add new folders when you click "save as". That's what I do, I "save as" when a project is completed. Of course you then have to go and delete the unfinished project but that just takes a second. Just my 2c.