SurberSigns

can someone trace this?

i downloaded inkscape portable and im still having a hard time tracing to get the images into sign blazer. when the image is dropped into inkscape, i try hitting the preview button and only a white box shows up and it doesnt show me the trace unless i hit OK. when i do the image looks all goofy. rounded and all.

can someone properly trace this image for me?? i need to do tons of stickers for this logo:

2hrd3kx.png

Look, this is NOT the "do my work for me" Forum.

There is a specific forum dedicated to this type of request, it is called the Vectorizing section.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/forum/35-vectorizing/

Also, why are you taking on work like this, if you aren't qualified to deal with it?

This is something that the sign store YOU WORK FOR should be handling.

• Like 1

Your best bet is to find out what font this is and reproduce the design itself. Also it appears to be for a business- if they have the right to have it reproduced they should also have proper artwork that is cut ready for you.

Look, this is NOT the "do my work for me" Forum.

There is a specific forum dedicated to this type of request, it is called the Vectorizing section.

http://forum.uscutte...35-vectorizing/

Also, why are you taking on work like this, if you aren't qualified to deal with it?

This is something that the sign store YOU WORK FOR should be handling.

You know I have read enough of your negative, rude, unneeded posts. If you are just going to bash people coming here looking for help or posting things that YOU deem not needed just open up a new notepad document on your desktop fill it with your negative comments and save it there. Maybe some of us aren't good enough to be in the same forums as you and it's sad you have to waste your oh so valuable time coming here to bash others but I am sick and tired of reading your shit. Either post things that are helpful and encouraging or don't post at all.....

• Like 2

im not here to demand work to be done... i just need some help yall. iv done TONS of vinyl but everytime i go to trace i dont have a problem. but with this one when i trace, it removes a lot of its text.. :[

The red square on the left appears to be two different colors of red, so that would have to be printed I would assume. Just my 2c. Other than that I would do like what was posted and find the font and recreate it.

The red square on the left appears to be two different colors of red, so that would have to be printed I would assume. Just my 2c. Other than that I would do like what was posted and find the font and recreate it.

All of the text looks to have a fade to it that may be causing the problems tracing.

The text can easily be recreated. Go to what the font and use the software to find the font. You shouldnt trace fonts. They wont turn out correct. Its not worth the time. A few minuites of web searches will find the font. That is the best way to get that done.

The logo can easily be recreated with a font and some simple editing. It can also easily be traced either manually or trace bitmap. If you want to trace bitmap it youll need to tweak some of the tones to get rid of the effects. The bevel and the pattern will give some trouble.

The issue with the preview not showing a preview is from one of the latest updates to inkscape. Some how the preview got broken. My way around it is to do multiple edits until im happy with my starting point. Any time you trace bitmap youll have to do some node editing. You just have to find the right starting place to limit your editing.

Like anything the best way to learn is to try it yourself. I can walk you though step by step but you wont learn near as much if you push a button and see what happens. Remember theres always an undo button.

• Like 2

I agree with Coaster, and if you find the font, you can create that fairly quickly- As far as my offer goes, just put that out there if you need it done NOW- versus learning. Then you can spend some time after your done with the job trying to re-create it.

he gave me the PSD file... let me see if i can get the font he used.i just dont know about that whole red square thing...

I have posted over 300 times in this forum, with hands-on advice, critical remarks that are relevant, business suggestions, instructional help, and friendly rejoinders.

This request is certainly miscategorized, and it is not "negative" nor rude to point that out.

As for flayboy's taking on jobs on the side, and working in a sign shop at the same time, that is something he has to reconcile with his employer, who may or may not appreciate or agree with it.

I absolutely have no intention whatsoever of "encouraging" him to continue doing what he's doing.

If it was an employee of mine, I guarantee he would be shown the door, instantly.

You go about your business, I'll go about mine, but ETHICS are part of what we should be standing for here.

• Like 3

Guys lets not get off topic and start another bash thread. This forum will go downhill quick.

Once you find the font, the square will be easy to recreate. It uses the same font as the text. Find that and then post back here, Ill guide you into making the logo.

Im not positive about inkscape but I know in illustrator you are able to (for the most part) import the psd and it comes out traced with fonts.

Please be sure to post your requests in the forum section most applicable to your needs. General discussion is not the place for this so I have closed the topic.

PS Please keep things civil everyone!