Dragonduster

SC cutter sometimes cut wax paper

i was cutting a skull for a friend and in one side it cut through the wax paper while in the other side it didnt, this has happened to other files too.

right now i have speed of 400 and force of 90g, blade cuts only the vinyl when i tried to cut with my hand, at first this didnt happen, but now its happening more frequently.

i have it connected with the Serial port to Serial port since yesterday, days before was from USB to USB and i dont remember if it did that with the usb connection.

picture taken from the back since the front is white and will be very hard to take a picture of it

post-24904-0-20851000-1338441245.jpg

each roll of vinyl is different you may have set it for a thicker vinyl and this is a bit thinner. speed is way too high imo i cut at about 50 to 100, try going down to 30g or so. There could be a small piece of vinyl stuck in the cutter head or on the blade shaft.

Try some test cuts at a lower force setting. Also, you should have very little of the blade sticking out of the blade holder. You might have a damaged blade. Did you try a new blade?

Check your cutting strip to make sure it isn't sticking up along where it cut deeper.... This happened to mine I had to pull the strip out and re-seat it.

each roll of vinyl is different you may have set it for a thicker vinyl and this is a bit thinner. speed is way too high imo i cut at about 50 to 100, try going down to 30g or so. There could be a small piece of vinyl stuck in the cutter head or on the blade shaft.

i know they are different, but i did the test cutting ti manually and applying force myself to see how much it cut, someone told me to use 100g and around 400 speed. and there was no vinyl in the cutter head

Try some test cuts at a lower force setting. Also, you should have very little of the blade sticking out of the blade holder. You might have a damaged blade. Did you try a new blade?

yes, there is a very little blade sticking out and i dont have a new blade, the first time i got it, i tried it and the head was offtrack and i didnt know, and it was cutting in the plastic of the cutter and damaged that blade, i changed it for this one and this doesnt seem damaged, the new blades will arrive today, i still have the 60 grade one tho.

Check your cutting strip to make sure it isn't sticking up along where it cut deeper.... This happened to mine I had to pull the strip out and re-seat it.

cutting strip? sorry i didnt get this one, my main isnt english and i learned playing games so.... xD and if u mean the vinyl not sticking to the blade, its not sticking (sometimes it does tho, when they are small pieces)

The cutting strip is the white line at the front of the plotter that the blade rides to and fro on.

oohh, well it does look normal, its not sticking out and its firmly in the machine, there is a little plastic that comes out because the first time i tried to cut it was cutting it, thats how i damaged my first blade, but it shouldnt lift the vinyl.

when i was cutting a homer simpson that i took the eps somewhere here, it was around 4" and was cutting all the vinyl with the wax paper out. this happened to me once but when i moved the image, there was an outline in the image and i think the cutter cut it twice in the same place, thats why it cut the paper, but i checked it and made this vector myself (skull one) and there was no outline or anything =\

Barring any defects with the cutter or blade holder, there should be no way the blade can cut through the backing paper _IF_ the blade height is set correctly. You have too much blade sticking out!

What is odd is that only half of your skull is cut through. Re-set your blade height (much less blade sticking out) and you might find that the other half is no longer being cut. That will point to some defect in your cutter, head ot blade holder...

but as i said, i did cut it manually and applied force too (way more than 100g) and wasnt cutting the paper, i will pull the blade a little more and try again then, gonna remove all possibilities

ok, i added oil to the holder and blade, i pulled off more the blade and set speed to 200 and pressure to 25g and changed driver from LiYu to copam and made some cuts, seems like its cutting good now.

thanks for the help guys, i will post again if something comes up :P