Sign in to follow this  
Coaster36

Manual trace with inkscape question.

This has been bugging me for awhile and I cant figure it out.

If I manually trace something with inkscape is there a way to combine the stroke with the fill?

The way I do it now is trace everything, then add a fill and then remove the stroke. Doing this is fine and quick and easy but when you delete the stroke it changes the size of the graphic. I know its not much, just the width of the stroke but in the end its not the same. So If there is a way to make them one object or am I missing something completely and doing traces wrong?

PS the manual trace stickies are dead links. Can we unsticky them?

I've been doing it the same as you except after I delete the line I adjust the fill by expanding the nodes. It will be interesting to see if someone has a better solution.

I think we might have to make it an unset? I dont know if im using the word right. I have done any searching on it but unset seems to make it invisible. Still waiting on more feedback.

Did you try and make the stroke as thin as possible ( just so its barely visible)? Then once youre finished tracing, fill it with color, remove the stroke then go to Path>Outset. Maybe that'll work for ya.

Thanks for the reply but outset seems to turn sharp corners bubbly.

So far looks like Ill just be deleteing the stroke. Youd think youd be able to combine the two