Sign in to follow this  
W2Design

flexi 8.5 starter

have you tried the disk in another computer? Have you examined the disk to make sure there are no scratches or smudges? I have in the past had this problem and was able to install from an external USB CD Rom drive.

It is very possible, if you contact SAI, and give them your license number, they will send you a link for a download.. They did for me. For something else.

disk wont run.

all my other disks work just not Flexi.

I have the dongle

So it's not auto running? If that's it just go to my computer select drive that disk is in click expand select install. It should start up. I have a few programs that for some reason fail to auto start but load ok when I do this.

Is it on cd or dvd? Windows Xp? If its an HP machine one of the windows updates messed up some of the HP disk drives to where they will not read CD's. Had this issue on my cutting machine had to find an old driver for it and load that.

did you try washing the dvd real good.? I have had to, on other DVDs , or like I said above contact SAI

If the package for your install disc looks like the one on uscutter website, http://www.uscutter.com/Flexi-Starter-8-6-Dongle-All-Driver-Edition-SASFLXSTDNGL , then there should be two dics. One is the Flexi Extreme Training disc and the other is your installation disc labeled SAi Production Suite Flexi8.6v2. The second is a dvd. If you look at the bottom of the disc it should read something like DVD 1103 for Windows OS.

Hope this helps to clarify.

I have every version from Flexistarter 7.6... 8.5... 8.6 and 10 and have only ever recieved 1 disc in the package. All brand new,

I have every version from Flexistarter 7.6... 8.5... 8.6 and 10 and have only ever recieved 1 disc in the package. All brand new,

Does starter 10 offer anything better then start 8.6? I am looking at putting something better on my laptop all I have on it is LXi Apprentice and it has nothing to offer really.

It depends on which version Flexistarter 8.6 you have....8.6 v 2 has contour cutting... Does your version have contour cutting? I didn't see anything much different on 10. Flexistarter 10 also has contour cutting. I purchased version 10 for my son. and installed it just to see what was on it. But I do have another package of Flexistarter 10 here for my other son, when I get him set up in cutting.

I have 8.6 V2 on my cutting computer but I want something I can design with on my laptop and just save the file and cut it on the other computer. A lot of times people I know want me to come by and design stuff it would be nice to be able to design it while I'm there fully and just save a flexi file instead of getting it close then having to tweak it at home. LXi doesn't allow much of anything expect importing and straight line text. Can't fit to curves or anything. I used to use SB but with how the resolution is it always looks bad on the screen and people get learry about it.

I use that for tracing never thought to design with it.. Maybe I will check that out also THANKS