Sign in to follow this  
Radioactiveman

What do I need to get for a software upgrade from SB

Hello,

I currently have signblazer, finally figured it out but would like it to do more. I find myself wanting to buy an upgraded software for my cutting needs but do not want to pay 500 bucks or whatever it costs.

I also use inkscape lightly, Im sure it will do more but I have not figured it out to a tee yet, i can trace something but it never seems to be as sharp as i want it and so forth. my question is what can buy or do to elimate all the steps of getting a pdf into a cutting form.

I would love to be able to have any pdfs of buisness cards and stuff like that cut ready. is that a reality??? Please any input is good imput

Thank YOu

Any conversion software I have come across still requires some node editing unless its a high quality image. I bought Vector Magic because I had a customer approach me about converting about 80 images and cutting them so luckily that job alone made it worth the purchase. If it is a really high quality clean image Vector Magic will do a good job with minimal editing. But with a lower quality image just like the free programs it takes time a patience. What I do is in my free time I just convert and clean images for practice. The more you do it the faster and more efficient you will be at it. Scan Youtube for videos and watch how others do it.

I would learn more about InkScape or purchase Adobe illustrator (Retail $599).

I try to use vector magic for everything. Sometimes on lower quality image ill run it in vectormagic then open it up in photoshop clean it up with my wacom board and then toss it back in vector magic and works well but still some things i still have to trace.

This entire question goes to the heart of graphics-files differences.

There are two types of graphics, pixel-based and vector-based.

Plotters/cutters do not UNDERSTAND pixels. At all.

Anytime you have something with pixels, it's a crap-shoot trying to convert to vectors.

Sometimes it goes easily & sometimes - a nightmare.

Your question is easily answered:

"I would love to be able to have any pdfs of business cards and stuff like that cut ready.

Is that a reality???"

One word answer -- "No"

• Like 1

yeah that is kinda what i was thinking, I did find some used adobe software on craigslist pretty cheap, what would anyone recomend for a different cutting program instead of sign blazer?

as always thank you for the imput