Long time no type guys! Been stupid busy w all sorts of stuff so sorry for the long hiatus!

I have an opportunity to do Dealership rear bumper ID stickers. probably about 250 to 300 per month (guess) and I have already made the graphic and a couple test cuts. They like them a lot but I dont know what a unit cost on something that small would be. It is 6" x 2" with smallest text being about .25" up to 1".

Kinda intricate weed wise but got iyt dialled in to be easy pull. Any aproximate ideas to start at?

I hate pricing Qs but this one is a bit tricky for me.

Thanks in advance

If your difficulty is up there and your looking at hard weeding but not the worst, i am at a 50% difficulity rating.

I show for 300 pcs 6 hours total production time(not broke down, total)

So take your shop rate multiplied by six, add your material retail.

so if your rate is at 45 per you would be over a buck a piece.

got it,,, didnt thing about that type of formula SA! Thanks for your help! I hate being a noob!

Always remember I am generally higher then anyone else. So please don't take my pricing literally. Most on here are lower and shop rated vary a lot. As well as production time.

Myself without seeing the image and from sounding like it is really small text I would be at around 1.50 each. But that's me in my market and my business.

Yea I figured every reigion has different pricing and being a smaller area I factor in that. The formula is really what I needed so I can do another test run and see how long the actual is. Thanks again brah! Everything still going good for ya?

Hope all is well.

Have you thought about subbing them out and having them printed on clear vinyl with a nice contour cut? Just another thought I know most of the dealerships like the cut vinyl because they are harder for the customer to remove and usually end up leaving them on but every so often you can find a dealer who doesn't care.

not a bad thought but I wonder if cost per unit would be more or less and how long would it hold up agenst fade and scrubbing (car wash) vs solid vinyl.

Have you thought about subbing them out and having them printed on clear vinyl with a nice contour cut? Just another thought I know most of the dealerships like the cut vinyl because they are harder for the customer to remove and usually end up leaving them on but every so often you can find a dealer who doesn't care.

not a bad thought but I wonder if cost per unit would be more or less and how long would it hold up agenst fade and scrubbing (car wash) vs solid vinyl.

They will hold up just fine if they are solvent printed. As far as cost it will be very similar but you are saving yourself hours and hours of weeding every month. You may not make as much in your pocket but its always nice to get paid just for a simple phone call and then delivery....

Printed these would cost pennies a piece for the dealer and most any dealer I know gets catalogs full of all kinds of printed options like this for super cheap.

If you are going to solvent print (eco sol would last about 2 rag wipes without a laminate) on clear need a white undercoat and also laminated, using a cast material not looking at much for cost savings as printing this way is not going to be fast or cheap. And will never have the POP that a cut graphic has.

I would not suggest a printed option to them. If you want the job work with them on price, repeats like this are good for you.

Whenever slow pound some out and shelf them. when they order fulfill order same day, profit for you and tthem.

I'll look into it, I have a good friend that can do the job. Ill have him price some out. I can make it have more of a visual impact incorporating color and detail elements! Good call guys!!!!

Printed on clear only works as SA said..If you want cear you would need to screen print them.

Hard to pric ebecause you don't want to not get the biz but dont want to get left out in the cold either...

Glad to see you back Proto

Thanks Stetson. Ill start with the ones I designed and maybe do a fill color lam version for Vettes and Camaros. Baby steps...

Why did you design something before collecting a deposit OR even knowing what to price these at?

Just wondering because good business is covering yourself before they find them online for $.05 each and you just wasted your time and have your feelings hurt because you got screwed.

You need to pick up some pricing software, Estimate is a great one along with Graphixcalc. You can't afford to not know what to price your work at.