Sign in to follow this  
haumana

most common vinyl size

What is the most popular size vinyl that you use?

For me, it's a toss between 12" and 15".

Guest fivestar

I almost use 24" exclusively.  Since I have a 24" cutter that's what I buy since there is not much difference in price between 15" and 24" that way I have 9" extra inches I can use for other projects.

I have a 24 cutter but have only needed 24 inch vinyl a few times so far. Granted, I'm new to the business, and just do this in my spare time.

Since I have a 24" cutter that's what I buy since there is not much difference in price between 15" and 24" that way I have 9" extra inches I can use for other projects.

You know, I never thought about checking out the price for a 24" at my supply shop. I just thought that since I get totally raked on the price for the 15" that the 24" would be far, far worse. I'll definitely check it out the next time I'm there.

Since I do mostly banners and the average line of text is 10" or less,I usually use 12" because it is SO cheap. And no waste to speak of. I use a lot of 15 inch for bigger banners...always keep a roll of 24 in the basic colors, but have almost every basic color in 30" as well ( I have a cheap source)

BUT I also keep 6 or 8 inch cut offs in most colors. If I have a line of text that is 4 or 5 inches, I use that. The smaller rolls I usually get for about $10 shipping included for 50 yards.

Percentage-wise.. I would guess that I use 12"- 50%, 15 inch 30% and all others 20%.

I don;t like wasting my money. I leave that to the government.