Sign in to follow this  
prodyno

Got a Keyspan...Not cutting at all

We have:

US Cutter SC1261

Windows Vista

SignCut

When we started doing vinyl cuts, our cutter would stop midway through a run of decals. I came on here and was told I needed a Keyspan. Got a Keyspan, hooked it up, send the image through Signcut to the cutter, and it does nothing. I've installed the drivers, etc..but the bar just pops up and the time keeps increasing saying sending to cutter...

Any ideas? Or help?

Thanks,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Did you change the setting in your production manager and device manager. If you still have your signcut to just cut on the regular USB with that driver it won't work so what ever it installed to in your device manager make sure the settings in your sign cut match.

That should be fine.... The only other thing I can think of is if all the settings in the computer are right is if there is maybe a setting you have to change in the cutter itself.... maybe to read from serial or a number inside there isn't correct... I am not familiar with that machine so I guess I'm not going to be much more help.... Sorry

ok bought a Keyspan...installed the drivers/software, the com port matches in signcut where it's plugged in and nothing.......

I use a Keyspan, just installed drivers went to device mangaer to get the com port and set up my plotter with that com port i think the default is like com 3 or com 4 iirc

Make sure when its plugged in that the keyspan light is on and the usb cable is not bad

Jeremy,

I have a very similar setup with the same problems.

US Cutter SC801

Vista

SignCut Pro

Keyspan USA-19HS

The light flashes slowly on the keyspan normally so I know its connected. When I send from SignCut the light flashes rapidly so I know the data is getting sent to the keyspan, but the cutter does nothing.

Have you heard anything back from tech support or did you resolve your issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt