Coaster36

Quick help with offset

When I cut white vinyl , the holder leaves a residue that I can see from touching the vinyl . If you are adjusting the pressure to keep the blade from cutting into the backing paper , you don't have enough pressure & too much blade exposure in my experience . A damaged cutting strip will make it almost impossible to adjust the blade . so check for any scratches . The tracking issue I have no experience with as i have never had to adjust offset .

Well if you cant adjust the pressure to keep from cutting the paper what is the proper way to set your blade depth?

My process is this: I do a test cut on a scrap by hand, if it cuts clean and not into the paper, I consider it good, then do some cuts on the machine and adjust the pressure as needed.

Can you give me your process for setting up a new blade.

Well if you cant adjust the pressure to keep from cutting the paper what is the proper way to set your blade depth?

My process is this: I do a test cut on a scrap by hand, if it cuts clean and not into the paper, I consider it good, then do some cuts on the machine and adjust the pressure as needed.

Can you give me your process for setting up a new blade.

Are you cutting FIRMLY across the vinyl when setting your blade by hand? You should just barely be able to see the blade sticking out of the holder..,

Yeah I think pretty firmly. And I can just barely see the tip sticking out.

Should I never really have to adjust the pressure when setting up a new blade? If its cutting to deep with the machine, should I adjust the blade?

I never have to adjust my blade, once it's set. And I don't have to change blades for months. I only use regular 2.5-3 mil vinyl. Maybe once a month a little chrome, which I just adjust the force a little higher.

If you change brands, of vinyl. they may be different thickness. And need the force adjusted, just a bit, It shouldn't be a lot,

You have to set your blade first by hand, So, that it does not cut the wax paper backing,or barely make a mark on it. Then put the blade holder in the machine. Back the force off and start making test cuts until you get good cuts.

If your using a bad cutting strip, that will cause problems from the git go. Also, seeing as how this is a used cutter, purchase a new blade holder, and get rid of that possibility. that it is bad. A lot of people on here like to have a spare anyway for, thicker vinyl. Then they have it set all the time.

Yeah I ordered a new blade holder and new cutting strip, they should get here tomorrow.

I can edit the heck out of some nodes but simply setting the blade is driving me crazy!!!

Well looks like the blade holder was really the problem. Its still leaving those little strings but they seem to be in the corner and I think I can fix that with some offset tweaking. I just haven't had time. Day jobs getting in the way.

UScutter sent the wrong cutting strip, someone was cutting them to short, but it fit and aloud me to get a job done. That seemed to make it easier to set the pressure and depth. Helped with uneven cuts.

Still have a slight chatter but it doesn't seem to be messing up the cut like when I had the old blade holder.

Slowly but surly Ill get her running like a champ.

Forgot to mention, UScutter did resolve the problem with the short cutting strip. They sent me a new one the same day I called. Good customer service right there.

Also forgot to mention, and possibly get a higher post count.

I would definitely suggest getting a new blade holder if you have an older one. Definitely if your having trouble getting consistent cuts.