Coaster36

Quick help with offset

Im need to this world, and I've been reading tons. I've been noticing my cutter leaving these little threads. Ive changed the offset all kinds I just cant figure out what is wrong. Currently its set at .03 in signblazer with the cutter at .25. Im using a used copan 2500. It has a new blade. The cutting strip is pretty beat up. But I dont know how that would affect the little threads. I beilve I have the blade set up correctly, When I cut by hand it cuts just the vinyl and no backing. And the pressure is 60 in the machine.

post-23799-0-59494100-1333925215.jpg

try 0.25 in Signblazer. Signblazer is what is telling you vinyl cutter what to do.

Sounds like it's time to order a new cutting strip also. It has been said on here, that you can use a piece of reflective vinyl and put over your cutting strip to get by.

0.25 in signblazer? That sounds really high. Well from what Ive read, I thought you wanted 0.03ish.

Im going to try and flip the cutting strip over, hopefully the previous owner hasnt done that already.

0.25 in signblazer? That sounds really high. Well from what Ive read, I thought you wanted 0.03ish.

Im going to try and flip the cutting strip over, hopefully the previous owner hasnt done that already.

See as how you are new, take some time and go thru the newbie manual, download in first post.

http://forum.uscutte...your-first-cut/

I have a Copam and I use Signblazer, I find the best setting is the .25 on the Copam and 0 (zero) setting in Signblazer.

I just did a few tests with 0.25 in signblazer and it was way to high. The corners were way off. Had the little triangle? at the corners. I have it set to 0.00 right now and the corners are perfect Its just leaving the little thread in the circles.

How small is the text you are cutting? does it only do this when you cut small letters/numbers?

Have you tried the different setting on the "Cut Direction" and "Cutter Movement" in Signblazer?

Just tried them after you suggested them. Tried every combination. Doesnt seem to effect anything. Guess that leaves the strip causing the problem.

I bought my Copam used and it had some gouges in the cutting strip, so I smoothed it out with sandpaper, you might want to try that too.

What speed are you cutting at? you can try slowing it down to 10 and see if that makes a difference.

It seems like the first time the blade goes down to start the letter its just off a little. Im cutting at 30, I can run it at 10 in the morning.

After more troubleshooting found out that the problem seems to be an over cut. Heres what the cut preview looks like the line towards the bottom of the circle is the start line and the blade goes around the circle and ends at the upper line.

Why dont they end at the same point? Ive tried up to 0.25 offset to -.02 yes negative. Is there a setting im missing?

edit: Ok seems like when the blade comes back around, the vinyl isnt where is should be. Its off by a nats a$$.

post-23799-0-99509100-1334509695.jpg

Do you have any value in the Copam settings ? Use either the software or the cutter & have 0 value in the other .

Set the software to 0 & try that .

I have the offset to 0 in SignBlazer & ..25 on the CoPam . I think the offset if the distance from the center of the blade to the place on the cutting edge where it actually cuts ?? Pressure & variations in the blade could require fine tuning , but I have never needed to . every blade package has the offset that is suggested .

Could you give me your pressure setting for cutting 651?

I think my vinyl might actually be moving to the right while its tracking. Is there a way to know how tight the pinch rollers should be? If its moving its so small that you cant tell while its feeding, Its the vinyl isnt where the blade thinks it should be.

I use 170 & add 10 grams at a time as the blade wears . I don't know about the pinch roller tension adjustment , but I pick the roll of vinyl up & make sure it is centered to what is pinched when sitting it into the holding rollers .

Hmm your at 170 with a new blade? My blade must be way to far out. Im running 70grams right now. Ive done the test where you manually cut a piece of scrap and make sure its set good.

I have to figure out whats causing those little ticks, why doesnt my blade end where it starts?:huh: Its driving me crazy!

Just got off the phone with customer support, and the guy is thinking its the blade holder. He says the magnet inside gets worn out and lose. Not sure I buy it but itll at least fix my shuttering problem, hopefully.