Luvmydane

Can you post me a picture of comparison?

Hi All,

I opened a little at home craft/sign business a couple of years ago with a Pcut and now think I can expand it a bit with shirts. I was wondering if someone or two or three... would post some pictures comparing what the shirts will look like with siser easy weed, chromablast, and SubLjet, as I am trying to figure out which will be best for me to invest in. I know the latter two will require a printer as well, and my plan was to buy the heat press that is on special this week.

I am also aware of the subljet requiring polyester shirts versus the other two can use cotton or 50/50. Any other advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Shelley

Siser Easy Weed all the way.... I read through 100's of posts on this forum and others and everyone agrees that is the best to use... I used it with just a plain iron and it worked like a dream.... Weeds beautifully.. I did 47 shirts for my girlfriends "girl weekend" as just a project for them and was so impressed with how "easy" it went I decided to buy more material and continue doing them for people. I will try to get pictures up in the morning as the only one I have available is the sweatshirt I did with my logo on it. The picture doesn't show real well it was taking just now with my phone and I had to knock it down in size in paint... But it is super smooth when running your hand across it you can't even feel where the vinyl is....

post-5042-0-38329300-1332894240.gif

+1 for Siser. It's a dollar or two more per roll over ThermoFlex but it's worth it. I only wish i had a local supplier! Everyone around here carries thermoflex. Anyways, I digress. A few years back a previous employer invested some money into an Epson 4800 printer that was configured to use sawgrass ink for sublimation. What a nightmare. Everything from constantly clogged print heads to an inconsistent final product. This was back in 09, hopefully quality is further along these days. If you're going to invest in a printer for clothing you might as well get a direct to garment printer (or a versacamm!)

I have also used Jetpro SofStretch which is phenomenal on white t-shirts. I have an HP OfficeJet 8500 which uses pigment inks and the end results are outstanding.

I love easyweed also but do sublimation more than anything anymore love the vapor shirts.. I just did this shirt last night for my daughter with some 3G paper... I have the epson 1100 with cobras high temp ink for sublimation and two 1100s from Cobra inks with pigment inks. Never had a clog yet in the last couple years they have been running strong...

krissy.jpg

billram2.jpg

wolf2.jpg

yshirts003.jpg

easyweeed

orangehat002.jpg

apron002.jpg

JPSS Paper

lostshirts003.jpg

shirtsublimation007.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome looking shirts !!! I have read alot about buying a printer to start making transfers . I have made shirts with heat transfer vinyl & my heat press ... but want to take the next step . What would you suggest I buy ? Seems I read the guy has stopped offering the Cobra CISS systems ? I am thinking the couple/several hundred $ stuff . Thanks for any advice .

Edit , never mind , I just read the other thread about the exact questions i have & will follow that :)

Yes the G and the L in mine are a jagged font and the spacing looks a little off because the shirt wasn't laying flat.

• Like 1

Great pictures thank you all. I am getting hooked just looking at them all. My husband has just told me he is going to give me 2/3's of the garage for my shop!!!! yippeeee!

Wait so is there a downside of using an iron for the siserweed instead of a heat press? How do you do the temp and pressure with an iron?

All I use is an Iron.... Most all the videos I have found day between 300 and 312 degrees for 15 seconds.... On an Iron this converts to using the cotton setting for 15 seconds..... MAKE SURE NO STEAM IS USED!!!!

I have also used Jetpro SofStretch which is phenomenal on white t-shirts. I have an HP OfficeJet 8500 which uses pigment inks and the end results are outstanding.

Have any pics?

Jetpro Sofstretch. Pic was taken after a few runs through the washer & dryer.

After the first wash, there is virtually no hand to it. Looks and feels like DTG

post-4556-0-83527500-1334154053.jpg

sublimation is nice because you don't have to contour cut anything. As the ink heats from the heat press, it turns from a solid to a gas and basically dyes the clothing.

Lol no my daughter did that for herself that was with the 3G paper she likes that I don't I would have done it in sublimation as ts shirt said no need to contour cut those but didn't have one in her size

I have a question on the Jet Pro SS - I have used the inkjet ones - which would you recommend for a laser printer (i'm trying to get darkers blacks) would w laser produce darker blacks?