Double A

Looking for a little help here...... Might of lined up two Vinyl Jobs

Basically i need help pricing these out

6x24 Basic letting for a window of something

7.5x42 Basic lettering on the side of a trailer x2

any help would be greatly appreiceated

This is a violatable subject .. I'll give you my humorous answer & the answer I consider the most realistic ..... That is TOO low , That is TOO high . The materials cost this much , mark up , overhead etc etc etc is worth this much or i won't turn my cutter on for less than ---- . If you are established & have plenty of work , 1 price . If you are starting out & wanting to gain customers another price . What the local competition charges is a major realistic factor . If you are going to work with them as far as options , fonts , distotions , effects etc , that is a great selling point for buying from you now & in the future . Once you make some decals , you will see what it is worth . Cost per square inch is not relevant on small jobs as far as i am concerned . I would rather undercharge a couple dollars than overcharge , as that promotes more business . I buy short cut off rolls 3" - 9" just for small jobs like this .

Like rodger said, there are a ton of variables involved. I would start with the Instructional Contributions forum, one of the members was generous enough to create a Roll Vinyl Calculator which is extremely helpful in determining your costs of vinyl and app tape. It is an Excel file but it works with Open Office Calc as well.

I would be at $40 total for RTA - $10 for the 6x24 and $30 for the two 7.5x42.

I've been in vinyl for a good while and my way of estimating is to add length an width together

and divide by 2. This is a formula I came up with years ago it also works for my decals.I double

the price of the decal if I install it.

6x24=30 divide by 2 $15 decal

7.5x42=49.5 I would round this off to 50 divide by 2 $25 x2 decals=$50

Remember i double the the price when I install.

Even when i do small decals I stick to this same formula

Just the way I do it if this helps everyone is different but works pretty well for me

This is a one color price if they want more than one color add same price per color

Teez

I USE THIS FORMULA ON CHURCH BUSSES-BUSINESS WINDOWS-- ETC. It has worked well for me

EXAMPLE---- I did some vinyl for a guy today he wanted 2 of the same names 2inches tall--8inches long I charged him $10 and

he had no problem with it.this works well if someone else wants same decal but 4 inches tallx16 inches long==$20 if you see what I'm saying everything is set to a standard

width + length divide by 2 ==$ amount

Try this--- go to a web site that sells vinyl decals whether it be a stripe kit or just a decal and see what the price is on a certain size then use my formula for the size they are selling and compare.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me or any experience people on this forum

Teez ;D ;D

Using the add L + W /2 method as mentioned above... a small decal 5x5 would be $5 retail. I dont have anyone who would pay that for say a sticker/decal run of 100. I myself wouldnt pay that if I didnt know the business. If I sell wholesale on the low end, I'd be at $1.00 each. Of course more you order the more the discount.

Remember people in different areas charge different amounts..I think if ST's formula works for them it can work in some other places too..I like the formula..I will give it a try on some of my other stuff...I think a decal thats 5x5 for $5 bucks is not bad when they order just one myself..I get that all the time..My competitors charge $1 per running inch of the decal so it's what my area gets too...When I sell more than one like stated qty 100 or more I discount as well..JUST what I do...

The moral is charge what works for you in your area ...ST gave a simple formula about what works for them..It can and will work for others..The spirit of the forum is help others and get help when needed as well...

Thanks Stetson

My formula has worked well for me I don't do wholesale not enough money for me but if someone sells by bulk-- prices would be lowered I retail not wholesale.

My formula sets a standard for me to be fair to the customer and not saying it is perfect but this is how I charge but I've only been in this business for 20 years.

Just trying to help newbie cutters.

Thanks

Teez