Gripy

Oracal 631, am I missing something?

Ive wanted to sell wall graphics using 631 so that it wont remove paint when people take it off and i have made some large graphics that i have been experimenting with lately. But i cant get it to work right. I just did a new large design and i used medium tack Transferright Ultra and i couldnt get the vinyl to lift off the carying sheet and it was ruined. I did it again and tried it with hi tack transfer take and i still couldnt get all the vinyl(very small intracite details, dificult work!) but i got most of it. Then i had a very hard time getting it onto the matboard i was trying to put it on! I had to spray the paper with Rapidtac to get it to come off without damaging the vinyl.

Now i look at the gfx most other people are selling and it looks like their just using a permanint vinyl because they advertise them all as indoor/outdoor and say their large gfx can aslo go on our car(i.e. NOT something like 631) So are most people just using non removable vinyl when they sell this stuff?

The reason the 631 does not take the paint off when removing , is it is not as adhesive as 651 . Using medium tack transfer tape , it has more adhesion than the 631 . You can reuse the transfer tape & it will become less adhesive or as i read in 1 post , press the transfer tape on something like cloth , pants leg etc to lesson the adhesion . Using the right transfer tape is best , but this will work if you dont have it . I use 651 & heat it when removing .

631 is also advertised for 3 years exterior. It uses a latex adhesive instead of solvent based so theoretically it can be removed from interior walls with less damage. I have used regular tape and just ordered the tape made specifacally for it. I have not experimented enough yet to form an opinion but the tape seems similar.

Mark

The tape for 631 works much better. Regular tape has too much tack.