BamBam82

Videos for cutting two layers

Hi, I have an Crimson Tide widown decal that I want to cut using white as the outline and red as the main part of the decal. Are there any how to videos on how to do this? Thanks!

I've watched a few videos on Youtube but all I can find are the ones showing how to put them together once they've been cut. I need to know if there is a certain way it's suppose to be done in the program before cutting. Oh and I am using Inkscape and SignBlazer.

It was color when I first started with it but after putting it through Inkscape it's just a black outline.

E-Z with SignBlazer ( maybe an easier way than how i do it .. Jay will know :) ) . " Split " the design & then change the parts you want seperate into a different color , Then ( edited & corrected " combine " ... what i 1rst posted , will turn it into 1 color { see quoted part next post :lol: ) " Group " it . Sometimes the split option does not work for me with some files :huh: When you send it to the cutter you can cut each color seperate to eliminate some weeding . You can cut the complete decal in different colors vinyl & weed according to how you want the finsihed product to look . It will use the same amount of vinyl , just more weeding & more chances to make a mistake .

E-Z with SignBlazer ( maybe an easier way than how i do it .. Jay will know :) ) . " Split " the design & then change the parts you want seperate into a different color , Then " combine " it . Sometimes the split option does not work for me with some files :huh: When you send it to the cutter you can cut each color seperate to eliminate some weeding . You can cut the complete decal in different colors & weed according to how you want the finsihed product to look . It will use the same amount of vinyl , just more weeding & more chances to make a mistake .

What he said^^^^ Also would be a good idea for you to print some registration marks in each color to make it easier to line up the colors when your applying the ap tape. Check this video out, shows perfectly how to properly make a multi-layered decal.