markvvq

Received my graphtec

First I would like to thanks to US Cutters for great service. After receiving my check they sent out 5 boxes for $9.00 and it got to me in 2 days! Lots of nice extras included too.

I have to say that this cutter is way more complicated than my TC. I read through the entire manual and couldnt understand most of it. I was cutting on the Chineese cutter almost immediately.

I did manage to get a couple of test cuts but it was hit or miss. I cut from Graphtecs cutting software but couldn't quit figure out placement of the image. Same with cutting directly from Corel, keep getting image doesn't fit media. It will only cut part of the file. I couldnt get anywhere with signcut. When I send the file to the plotter it only prints small words or just makes the cutter go up and down in the same place.

I will see if there are some good on-line tuts to watch.

I'm sure I'll eventually get going with it but it will be a big learning experience.

What do most of you use to control your cutter?

Mark

when you used Signcut, did you change the cutter language to HP-GL? You have to, This machine has 2 modes, for Cutting Master is uses Graphtec Language, GL-GL .. Signblazer, which can also be used with your machine or any or cutting software has to be on HP-GL. You will get it figured out, and when you do, you will just love your machine.

I have a more featured version than yours, and I went from a Chinese cutter to mine and didn't feel like it was too hard at all.

Yes, this will operate differently than the TC, but quality will be outstanding also.

when you used Signcut, did you change the cutter language to HP-GL? You have to, This machine has 2 modes, for Cutting Master is uses Graphtec Language, GL-GL .. Signblazer, which can also be used with your machine or any or cutting software has to be on HP-GL. You will get it figured out, and when you do, you will just love your machine.

I have a more featured version than yours, and I went from a Chinese cutter to mine and didn't feel like it was too hard at all.

Yes, this will operate differently than the TC, but quality will be outstanding also.

Ok, here is a follow up. I found a video on graphtecs website that shows them using Adobe Illistrator to design and sending the file with cutmaster to the plotter. In AI they go [file] and it shows cutmaster. The video says it work pretty much the same in Corel. Well it doesn't! In Corel you have to go to launch application. Levi ( US Cutter Tech) got me straightened out on that. Once I got that opened it was much easier. I was trying to use the plotter like a printer, which almost worked but had no options. Skeeter, I'm sure I will have some questions for you once I get a little time on the cutter.

Mark

update to the update..................It is pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I love the way the cutting software takes a lot of the math out of cutting. It is sooooooooooo easy to do multiple cutouts for shirts without wasting as much vinyl.

Mark