Sign in to follow this  
keith

Hello and some help pls

just purchased my uscutter sc series. Frankly the out of box experience is not good. We want go into the issues that I have resolved but, I installed signcut pro and registered it just fine. However during the initial screen it ask for my cutter. No selection for the SC model, also it ask for a port, I have usb, guess what, no usb option. I check for updates and it tells me I have the lates. I see some drivers on the site and download them but see no method to install them.

Am I suppose to install it as a windows device first maybe?

Flexi10 came with it, guess what, it fails on install with "page errors."

Now I am 60yrs old been in the IT field for 40yrs. I know alittle about this type stuff, but is beyond bad.

HELP please, I only have about 6 or 7 hairs left to lose.

Thanks

keith

Welcome Keith... First off your Vinyl cutter is a Liyu, brand. also a rebranded Uscutter SC. . Even though it is USB you are assigned a com port number in your computer device manager . The com port number must match in your computer device manager and your cutting software. Goodluck

Here is a great place to start.

http://start.uscutter.com/

Here are the latest drivers for Signcut Pro for your SC model.

http://support.uscut...ivers---updated

Yea, I yesterday around 6pm think they were on the west coast USA. Guess not the service said non business hours. Skeeter, going to go try these things right now.

Thanks guys, hope they work, would love to waste some vinyl this weekend practicing. LOL

ok got the port working and communications going with Signblaster pro trial version. It still isn't cutting the head only moves a small distance, but that is better than where I was last night. The SC model instruction told me which Creation replacement cutter to select during the setup. Signcut pro still does not have the USCutter SC model to select nor the Liyu either so guess I'll have to wait till Monday to contact support about that.

Now going to look for some advise on setting the cutter and find out why it isn't moveing across the vinyl to cut in Signblaster.