Sign in to follow this  
haumana

intermitten stuttering/perforation cuts

Hey all ... So I really excited because my first official "paying" job for my cutter came in. Anyway, it was a bunch of text stuff, but I ran into a problem of the buts being stuttered or perforating the vinyl. It didn't pierce through the vinyl so I was all good there.

I have a 24" LP, using USB. The issue seemed to happen regardless if it was straight text created in SBE or an imported text block. I placed two identical text verses on a single pass, but it was different letters that it would stutter on. The only common thing was that it would stutter on the diagonal cut on letters (i.e. M, W, V, etc.). It would move along and cut everything else fine.

Any advice would be appreciated  :lol:

Guest sciondrgn

I would check your blade depth and your pressure setting. May need to give it a bit more pressure so it cuts smoothly

yep i had this problem once when i was testing diff blade pressure settings once i turned the pressure back up it cut perfect withough any problems

Great. I will give that a try. I wasn't sure if the pressure needed to be tweaked, since it really only happen here and there throughout the entire run. The rest of the letters cut just fine.

I Have the same problem.  I've noticed that mine happens only when it is cutting from left to right.  Right to left cuts fine.  I've been setting my blade depth deeper but I still get the perforation.  I'm to the point where I am cutting into the backing.

2Tall, I would check that your blade is spinning freelly in the blade holder. Sounds like it's not turning like it should when you cut the other direction.

Decrease the blade depth in the blade holder and increase the pressure from the control panel.

I Have the same problem.  I've noticed that mine happens only when it is cutting from left to right.  Right to left cuts fine.  I've been setting my blade depth deeper but I still get the perforation.  I'm to the point where I am cutting into the backing.

I have found that a pressure setting of 120-150 is best for most vinyl, and again, make sure the blade is barely sticking out of the blade holder.

I have found that a pressure setting of 120-150 is best for most vinyl, and again, make sure the blade is barely sticking out of the blade holder.

holy schnikies! Really? When I thought I had setup the cutter decently, I had the pressure on 60 ... then I started to use other brands of vinyl and have (softly) settled on 70-80 and my range of pressure. Am I totally off base? Should I be upping the pressure and adjusting the depth of the blade more? As it is, I can barely see it poking out of the holder.

holy schnikies! Really? When I thought I had setup the cutter decently, I had the pressure on 60 ... then I started to use other brands of vinyl and have (softly) settled on 70-80 and my range of pressure. Am I totally off base? Should I be upping the pressure and adjusting the depth of the blade more? As it is, I can barely see it poking out of the holder.

If those are the settings that are working for the particular material you are cutting, then do not mess with it. This is only a suggestion for those experiencing the jaaged cut issue, and through some troubleshooting here at the office, I have been able to recreate the issue on some units, and resolve it with the settigs I posted.

:huh: