Sign in to follow this  
thiswomps352

First customer -- need help with sign

Alright, I might have a customer here!

This guy is a friend of my dad's friends, so he heard about me, and was looking to get a sign.

He owns a used car dealership, and wants a sign on this:

IMG_20120210_173422.jpg

(the bottom one).

The sign measures ABOUT 13.4' x 32" on one side, and x 42" on the other.

He wants the background to be BLACK. So I was wondering how I would go about doing that.

Would I line the entire back of the sign in black vinyl, then apply the lettering over it? (Oracle 651 or 751???).

He is not concrete on what he wants yet, but one of his ideas was to make a banner so he could just attach and detach the sign whenever he wants (I don't know how he would go about doing that on a sign like that???).

Any info would be much appreciated, thanks!

The right way is back .painted but you can use translucent vinyl . I have draped several signs with a banner it works but the face is more professional

does it have electric? can it be fixed? because it would really look a lot better if it was.

I have no idea if the sign was ever lighted -- it might have been due to the size of it.

He just wants some sign on there for now, as he had replies that his dealership is hard to find.

I guess I could go and order Oracal 751, but if I am going to line the entire back of the sign with a layer of black -- I'm wondering if the sign could cover the cost of the vinyl in the first place, as a roll costs (I believe), and I would have to order 3 colors -- most likely white, black, and red.

How much would you charge for a sign like this if you were to apply it in the same manner?

• Like 1

Go with printed digital banners --- easiest and fastest and cheap.

I get mine from an eBay supplier and for this size (3'x16') it would cost me $75 + $12 shipping.

You send them a ready-to-print .pdf file and wait a few days and the banner is at your doorstep.