joshuanicholas450

flexi starter 10 dongle

this is probably a stupid mistake on my part, but i installed flexi 10 on my computer. my problem is, the program wont open... it keeps telling me it cant find the key that matches my password. i have already registered the softwaare and done everything the way i was told, i just cant get the program to open correrctly. PLEASE HELP! im new to this whole vinyl thing and this is my first run at it. the cutter i have is the sc 34" if that makes any differece... thank you. i just want to get this thing set up so i can start making some stickers already! :)

another qquestion... does the cutter have to be on while i do this?

No, you can open Flexistarter on it's own..

Also, try the USB dongle in a different usb port. It should light up.

i have everything hooked up now, i have tried moving the usb aaround to different ports and still nothing. i went to that site you sent me but i have no idea what to do once i get there. i also downloaded a free trial of corel draw, and got it installed. that program works but now i dont know how to get this thing to print... REALLY CONFUSED! :blink:

When you installed Flexistarter10, did you enter in your Flexi user name and your password that came with Flexistarter?

go to the site I gave you and download the driver.. Does the USB dongle say Sentinel on it?

If it says Sentinel on it then choose Select Product> Sentinel in the dropdown box. Then choose Sentinel driver and download it.

Where would find if it says that? I'm sorry, call me stupid if you like... haha. I have no idea what im doing...

where would you find what? be more specific..

Reread you Flexistarter install instructions.

and yes i used everything it gave me in the package and it just keeps giving me the same stupid message

I was asking where i would find out if the dogle is a sentinel or whatever you said.

and yes i used everything it gave me in the package and it just keeps giving me the same stupid message

I was asking where i would find out if the dogle is a sentinel or whatever you said.

on the dongle.. Doesn't it have wording on the dongle?

The driver is for the dongle it'self.

I'm going to bed, gotta be up early, goodluck

can you take some pictures of the dongle and post it? both sides.

yes please do. I'm not sure you know what the dongle is,based on your last post. It looks kinda like a thumb drive. It needs to be plugged into a USB port along with the cable to the cutter itself.

This is a pic of the dongle it should look similar

post-242-0-61673600-1328977113.jpg

• Like 1

you get greeN? My light is red. Lucky you.

It is Flexistarter8.6 ..... I think mine for Flexistarter7.6 is red though

Thank you guys for all the help! i hope i can learn enough to maybe help some of you guys later on. I did finally figure out what the dongle was, installed everything again and got my program running. Just had to pry the dongle loose from the bottom of the box haha. it looks just like the green one in the picture. again, thank you guys for all of the help! now i just need to figure out how to make something other than a lettered decal. lol. :huh:

Thank you guys for all the help! i hope i can learn enough to maybe help some of you guys later on. I did finally figure out what the dongle was, installed everything again and got my program running. Just had to pry the dongle loose from the bottom of the box haha. it looks just like the green one in the picture. again, thank you guys for all of the help! now i just need to figure out how to make something other than a lettered decal. lol. :huh:

your welcome, glad you got it going..