Sign in to follow this  
muibubbles

Need help: added invisible cuts?

So I just got my cutter and i've got everything working good except im getting mystery cuts added in after i send the image to the cutter.

im using..

mh-871

inkscape

SBE

so ive watched a few tutorials and i believe got the vectorizing part correct. after i bring it into SBE as an eps file everything looks great. i send it to the cutter and a boarder appears and 2 squares in the center of my image... After searching it seems like another member had this problem bc he had actually had a few blacks and clear parts.... im assuming i have an invisible boarder but i have no idea how to "delete" it. its virtually invisible expect after i send it to the cutter and ONLY in the cutter window... can anyone help me out with this? i tried changing everything to black, turned the node edit on and still unable to find these cuts!

Heres the image... any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

-Ben

PS: on a side note, how do i cancel a cut after its already been sent to the plotter (in the middle of a job) if i notice theres a error or mistake?

Efini.eps

post-22240-0-14616200-1328674928.jpg

This is why I had to stop using SBE it would add lines, cuts and mysterious nodes that I never created. Sometimes it would sometimes it wouldn't . So I then switched to SignCut from the advice of my Doctor!

Oh and it's not a keyspan issue either! ;) because it hasn't even been sent to cutter .

My advice SBE works for some but not for others, design in Inkscape (free) and cut with other programs.

Less headaches and less Advil/Tylenol abuse ;)

The "weld" function didnt help, theres still a box through the lettering.

I might be bias'ed to SBE since its the first program i used but i like it and think its super simple.. ive only skimmed over sign cut pro and was having difficulty cutting! (only skimmed it, ill try it again tonight)

I tried these steps with 3 different images and all of them had the box appear. now is this definitely something in SBE or am i doing something wrong in inkscape?

"Oh and it's not a keyspan issue either! ;) because it hasn't even been sent to cutter ."

can you elaborate what you mean by keyspan? the problem is weird because it looks perfect when its in inkspace, once its in SBE, when i bring it to the cutter menu, BUT when i actually hit the cut tile buttom, it sends it to the cutter THEN appears.

In a nut shell its SBE thats causing this problem?

The "weld" function didnt help, theres still a box through the lettering.

I might be bias'ed to SBE since its the first program i used but i like it and think its super simple.. ive only skimmed over sign cut pro and was having difficulty cutting! (only skimmed it, ill try it again tonight)

I tried these steps with 3 different images and all of them had the box appear. now is this definitely something in SBE or am i doing something wrong in inkscape?

"Oh and it's not a keyspan issue either! ;) because it hasn't even been sent to cutter ."

can you elaborate what you mean by keyspan? the problem is weird because it looks perfect when its in inkspace, once its in SBE, when i bring it to the cutter menu, BUT when i actually hit the cut tile buttom, it sends it to the cutter THEN appears.

In a nut shell its SBE thats causing this problem?

have you tried reinstalling the SB? You can find the download in the Signblazer thread.