thiswomps352

Ioline Classic -- cuts are ALMOST perfect

I have an Ioline Classic.

FlexiSign 7.6

I am cutting Oracal 651.

Using a 45 degree blade (new).

This cutter will only cut a nice line when it feels like it.

On most cuts (most often happens when I am cutting text) it puts a small hole on the cut lines -- as if the blade drops and pokes the vinyl, and most of the time it will not completely close a small circle (or any other small shape as a matter of fact).

I have went up and down the scale on the settings, trying everything.

It's not the biggest deal, but you can notice the nick of you look for it, and sometimes it will complicate weeding on detailed cuts.

I have included some pictures...

This one is just to show that the cutter is able to cut detailed cuts (at least detailed in my opinion ;D )

DSCN1085.jpg

This image (and I have tried to take the most detailed picture possible) shows some text, and if you look closely (bare with me here :unsure: ), you can see where the "poke" on the right of the "b" and the left of the "o". The small letters are 0.25" tall.

DSCN1087-1.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There should be a setting for "overcut" -- there are a few threads about that subject here in the forums:

(In SignBlazer, there is a setting for Blade Offset)

Thanks for the replies.

Ioline uses their own "control center", and from there you can adjust all of the settings.

I have tried overcut settings: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10.

Iolines recommended offset setting for the setup I am running (45 degree blade, and material thickness) is 15 mil.

I have tried offset: 13,14,15,16,17,18,19 and 20.

I have also tried varying the speed and pressure.

Some cuts come out perfect,

it only seems to do it on certain files, but it does it in the same place every time if I repeat the same cut.

Here is an example of a really good cut that it did (the spider):

You can also see where the cutter messed up on the text above the dime (most clearly the nick on the "A") but that text is a vectorization from a jpg image.

IMG_20120208_192433.jpg

Like I said before, it's the worst on small text, and when I try to go really small with simple font, the lines would skew a bit, which is something that doesn't happen when I try to cut an image of the same detail size (though it usually ends up doing what i stated in the thread).