thiswomps352

WWOOOO Finally part of the community!

Hello!

My name is Boris, and I am a broke high school senior.

I have been on and off this forum for a while, but have never signed up.

I tried a while back, but I would never receive that validation email no matter how many times I tried.

--BUT-- it finally worked!

Now I can annoy everyone with some questions...

I started out with a Cricut craft cutter (go ahead, laugh), at the time I had no idea what a vinyl cutter was. I bought the Cricut off of Craigslist, and discovered UScutter. I ordered a roll of vinyl and a tiny roll of application tape.

I was only hoping to do small decals, but whenever I try to extend myself to others, they ask for bigger signs (the cutting area on this thing is 6"x12") so I would spend over an hour cutting, measuring, leveling and spacing sections of a $15 sign). None-the-less I paid off the machine and the materials I bought with that little thing.

Then one day I had the urge to go on Craigslist.

I spotted this vinyl cutter at a very good price, so I convinced my unemployed dad to spare some money.

We went to check out the machine, and there it was -- an old, rusty, dirty machine laying on the ground by the house -- it was beautiful. :wub:

I plugged it in, and the thing turned on. It sounded like a cat dying when it moved -- I bought it then and there.

I took it home and was prepared with a screwdriver and all of the service manuals I could find. With the amount of hair that was in that thing, a cat might as well have died in there.

So I cleaned it up and ordered some connectors.

The rusted bearings were making the sound, and since they run for $20 each, I cleaned these up, and lubed them up. They run much better now...

I also bought a new cutting strip from Ioline (of which shipping was $12 for the smallest box ever)

After I ordered the wrong cable multiple times (it's a good idea to check if the OTHER side of the cable was male or female) I was finally able to set it up and plug it in to an old desktop computer (running windows 2000) I found in the trash (my laptop doesn't have a serial port).

SO...

I am the proud owner of a 14 year old Ioline Classic vinyl cutter. B)

(...of which there are a few problems with...)

Now, to go start some threads.... :D