Sign in to follow this  
deftone

Graphtec CE5000-60 not working with Signblazer

I've read a couple of posts here from people with the same problem, but the solutions aren't working for me. I'm using Signblazer with the Graphtec 50 preset selected. I have the cutter and software set to HP-GL, but it's still feeds about 10 feet into the roll and starts cutting in the middle. I'm posting screenshots. I've reloaded the drivers also. Still... same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-8648-0-37166100-1328119592.jpg

post-8648-0-60038000-1328119599.jpg

here look down on the screenshot from Mr300s post, He uses Signblazer with his Graphtec CE5000 and no problems

http://forum.uscutte...__fromsearch__1

Then I believe it says Copam 2500, as the same driver

I use Controller settings on the Graphtec Controller,, only. I make no adjustments directly on the vinyl cutter, such as force, speed, quality, offset, etc. All done on the Controller

Did you change to HP-GL on the menu, on your vinyl cutter?

Because you don't have Controller settings checked, any adjustments in there, will do nothing. You are controlling directly from vinyl cutter.

Yes I have HP-GL selected in the cutter menu. I actually tried the GP-GL setting earlier just to see what it would do and when I went back to change it back to HP-GL, it was already set to that. Like it automatically reverted to that setting.

I have the controller setting checked now. I like the idea of controlling it from there. What a cool feature. Now only if I could figure out why it won't work right! Ugh!

possibly Pm Mr300s and he might send you more screen shots of his set up. He has been running with Signblazer since he got his Graphtec CE5000.

I personally use Flexistarter with mine.

I just tried selecting sheet instead of roll, and it won't feed 10 feet or so like it was, but it still starts cutting in the middle.

mine starts cutting in the middle also, according to my design. Are you expecting it to cut from the very front of the vinyl.? That's not the way it cuts.. Maybe more info is needed.

Is it still feeding out 10 ft. then cutting?

I use rear roll 1 , but I have a Graphtec FC7000

I pm'd him. I wouldn't mind using something else, but I sell wall decals and all of my files are saved in the Signblazer format.

I mean if I take a 24" wide design, it starts cutting it in the middle of the vinyl instead of at the left and it runs out of vinyl obviously. I hope that makes sense. With sheet selected, it doesn't feed 10 feet like it does with roll selected though.

I don't design in Signblazer, so I have all the eps files. I just don't have time to learn another program right now. Maybe that's my only option though.

24" wide by what length?? 24" wide is too wide to cut width.. Your max cutting width is like 23.7" on a 24" vinyl cutter

Carriage head should be all the way over to the right, at edge of right side of vinyl. load media> roll1>enter>origin, start cutting..

That is all I have to do...

It was actually 23".

Now I have "a b c d" spread out over 20" wide. Carriage head is all the way to the right. I load the vinyl, hit enter, origin... it goes to the middle of the vinyl and cuts the "a", then the "b" then goes back to the middle of the vinyl and stops.

post-8648-0-37071600-1328126012.jpg

I read through the post, bring up your image then hit setup on the tool bar then near the bottom you will see load click on that a pop up box will appear click that and find Graphtec 50 and click and save that. Set the right side roller to the edge of your vinyl and then on the Graphtec screen hit origin, but if you hit the arrow and go to roll 1 it should start cutting from there without hitting the origin.

I was going to PM you this but since it may help others later on decided to post it good luck...

Some of your setting look different I think you have a check in axis which doesnt belong look at mine and copy my settings...

Note I have mine set on a 15" roll

post-2057-0-68007100-1328126843.png

he needs advance page after job checked,

uncheck limit to workspace.

uncheck sort before cutting

uncheck x axis override

uncheck trim tiles

check>cutter movement> Fastest Path.

Need to check your language interface settings. When you go to "COMMAND" on the graphtec printer menu, when you change it to HP-GL you need to set the origin to L.L. You probably have it set to center and that's why its doing that.

Need to check your language interface settings. When you go to "COMMAND" on the graphtec printer menu, when you change it to HP-GL you need to set the origin to L.L. You probably have it set to center and that's why its doing that.

He is referring to this page Page 37 Of user manualpost-3058-0-88360300-1328140911.jpg

Some of your setting look different I think you have a check in axis which doesnt belong look at mine and copy my settings... Note I have mine set on a 15" roll

After I was directed to a screenshot of your settings I changed mine to match yours. It still did the same thing. I also loaded the Graphtec 50 settings.

My software and cutter are both set to HP-GL. I didn't check the origin though. I'm not going to be home til midnight, so I'll have to find out when I get home.

He is referring to this page Page 37 Of user manual

Couldn't help but notice that you were looking at the obituaries and Indiana offender database lol....

LMAO...,, looking for a husband.. DEAD OR ALIVE......I took it down.. and added a new on without all my business on it... lol

THANKS!!!!!

LMAO...,, looking for a husband.. DEAD OR ALIVE......I took it down.. and added a new on without all my business on it... lol

THANKS!!!!!

No worries, just thought it was funny. Odd items of interest lol...