stickeysand

Wireframe view is only black when enhanced view shows milton-color

I am trying to make a word only file in multi colors so I can save as an eps and open in sign cut so that I can cut by color. No matter what I change it only saves in black giving me no color option except black in sign cut.

Example: Type a few words while in Corel 5 make each word a different color view in wireframe and the words are all black. :/

• Like 1

Are you converting the characters to curves ? Are you saving or exporting in EPS? Perhaps you could upload a simple (small) file with this issue for someone to test with Corel/SignCut?

Wireframe does not show fill. You can right click a color to change the line color

Mark

Use the plugin from SC to automaticly import the file into SC from CD.

Paco

Use the plugin from SC to automaticly import the file into SC from CD.

Paco

unfortunately cd x5 wont work with the SC plug in. THe next ver. of SC will.

Mark

from another thread

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

Heard back from Signcut support!! It's working now after following instructions exactly! Here was thir answer:

"Please do a manual export from corel as an ai file compatible with ver 3 (they mean Adoble Illustrator 3.x, see link below for screenshot) and the options selected as in the attached image to set your corel defaults. Then try sending to Signcut again. "

http://signcutusa.ze...ame=corelx5.png

"The problem is a Corel export problem and has been in existence since version 7 or Corel, you need to be sure the options are set exactly as in the image we sent, if this does not help you will need to uninstall both corel and Signcut then reinstall corel first then Signcut, then do another manual export."

I had been doing the export as she suggested, but my error was having the 3 check boxes under Options ticked. Once I unticked them, it worked!!

Passing along so hopefully it will save someone else down the road a lot of time and trouble if they're using Corel Draw X5 with Signcut Productivity Pro v 1.09!

Thank you all who offered thoughts for a fix!

Came from his post

http://forum.uscutte...ivity-pro-v109/