Sign in to follow this  
spitfire

Searched for answer, but want to confirm

MY setup

MH-871

USB connection

Windows 7

SignBlazer and Signcut

Here is the problem. I can't get anything to cut. I have followed the newb manual and it didn't help. I assume from reading on hear that Keyspan will be the solution but want to make sure before I go ordering one.

I have the image in SignBlazer no problem. All connections ports etc seem to be correct. When I go to Cutter-Cut-Cut Tile the blade will drop to the vinyl on the cutter but it won't cut out so since when I hit cut tile the cutter responds by dropping the blade to the vinyl that my PC is communicating with the cutter it's just not cutting. So just trying to make sure the Keyspan will solve that problem or do I maybe have a setting incorrect somewhere?

The cutter itself work fine. I can do test cuts from the cutter no problem.

Thanks for any help.

Change it to COM4 -- see if that helps. (in the "Output Device" drop-down menu there at the top of your Cutter Setup dialogue box)

So I have an update. My brother in law is here with his laptoip running XP using SignBlazer as well. He can get communication with the cutter but hitting cutter-cut tile and then the blade drops just as it does for me. But then he hits Maz Position and then home position the cut tile and it starts to cutout. Problem with that is it won't complete the cut for example we did the work ROCK and only this cut RO K it skipped the C and also it is not lifting the cutter blade as it making the cuts so its cutting all the tracking lines as well.