Backroad Speed Shop

New SC 801 with Signcut and Inkscape can't figure it out.

I have been using Flexi Sign Pro 7.6 and I was told that it won't work with my new SC 801 UScutter. I set up the Signcut and Inkscape. I did some playing, figured out how to vertorize and it would not let me export to sign cut. Now every time I try to open my picture it says it had an error and Inkscape is going to close. I hate this program, would love to design and cut from one screen. I can't get signcut to do anything other than get a white/blank screen to use. I am completely frustrated and am thinking of sending this cutter back and finding one that will work with my Flexi. Anyone have any ideas what is going on.

Ok, what I have found after Youtube and trying the latest version of Inkscape is that I don't have the option to export and signcut will not let me reinstall export plug ins. It tells me execution of command "C:\Progame Files\SignCut\plugins.exe"*failed (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

With inkscape, you don't "export". You "save as". If you want eps (like we all do), then also install ghostscript. And while there, install gsview too. It really comes in handy...

Whoops, sorry. I had no idea that they had an export extension for inkscape->signcut. That's nice. Not enough for me to buy signcut, but still nice :lol::bear:

Contact Signcut support.

and Flexisignpro7.6 does not have the newer drivers for newer vinyl cutters. Versions 8.1, 8.5, 8.6 and 10 have come out since then with newer drivers and design features. Even Flexistarter 10 would cut for you. It has newer drivers Design in 7.6 and import into Flexistarter10

I thought you could export an .eps file from Flexisignpro and save it as an .eps file. If so, why can't you import that .eps file into Signcut?

Make sure there is no BITMAP image inside the project you like to export to SC PRO with the plug in!

Can you import (the open action) any simple .eps VECTOR FILE from the web into SC PRO?

Paco

Hello,

We would really like to help you with your problem but it would be so much easier for us to do it if you came to our live-support. You can find it at our website http://www.signcutpro.com

Tomorrow i will be at our office. I can assist you by starting a remote session with you. If I'm not there then ask for Kimon. He can also do it.

If you want you can start a support-ticket at our support-portal http://signcut.zendesk.com. We do not operate here normaly at UsCutters forum. I only do it in my freetime because i like my job and want customers to get good help. We have dealers in many countries and can't give support at all their forums.

The problem with the export-pluggin could be because every version of Inkscape needs it own pluggin. Inkscape change their code everytime they give out a new version so the pluggin needs to be changed too. They have also changed the way they save the information in their files. So i would recommend you to save as EPS and make a manual export. That normally solve most of the problems. Also you need to make sure that everything in the file is vector format. If it osn't then SignCut can't read the data from the file. If isn't just enough that the file is EPS.

I look forward to talk to you on our live-chat. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Therese Löfström

Whisqu Graphic AB

SignCut Sweden