kenji815

Upgrade from PCUT

I've had the PCUT for about 5 years and i absolutely love it.

The only down side is the speed and noise.

I been thinking about an upgrade from the PCUT

i mainly use the machine to cut vinyl for decals for cars and vinyl for heat transfer vinyl.

I don't need contour cutting.

What do you guys suggest and why?

I'm looking at zen cut green. Can someone give me some tips and guide on what a good upgrade would be.

Eddie

I wish my Copam was noisier . The Copam is much quieter than my buddies vintage Roland he bought new . The sound reminds me of R2D2 ... & money . IMO , I would keep what you have or go with a Zen Cut black . Anything in between is not worth the cost unless your cutter was broke etc . Your cutter is making 100 % profit , a new cutter has to pay for itself to get to where your PCut is at . I do believe everybody should have a back-up cutter .

Yeah, but keep the Pcut, awesomeness at it's best ehheheehehehhe :thumbsup:

The Zencut Green is a huge step up from the PCut. It has servo motors so it will be much quieter and more accurate.

That is what i was thinking too. The Pcut has done everything for me so far. Since i don't do contour cuts (maybe something to consider in the future).

Zencut black or green seem very nice cuz it has servo motor.

It would be nice to upgrade to zen cut i suppose to cut smaller more detailed designs but it'd be a bitch to weed :P

and no i dont' have a back up cutter right now.. that's one reason for me doing the search on the next cutter in case my pcut gives out.

From reading what the techs have posted , the Zen cutters have been great . Main reason on any green return is to upgrade to the black . I went with what the techs advised 4 years ago & bought the Copams ... now the advise I perceive is that the Zen Cut black is the best bargain & very worth while for the difference over the green's cost . IF I was buying a cutter & could justify the expense , I would buy a Zeb Cut Black .... BUT The Copam does everything I want & is 1/2 price .... Hmmm :) you probably can't make a bad decision , just a matter of how fast you want the cutter pays for itself . The little steps that the stepper motors make is hard to notice even on large decals & I bet the only people who ever notice is the decal maker & other decal makers :)

i think the only benefit for the upgrade would be ability to cut smaller more detailed letters and contour cut? and maybe the speed?

I only have expeience with my Copams , so I don't have any idea what your benifit would be . The Copams cut very small stuiff good enough for me . Mr300 & Jenl93 has posted some incredibly small decals cut with Copams . I think doing the most with the least makes more profit & starts returning the investment & profit faster . Catch 22 IMO .. I would decide the Zen Green would be worth the difference compared to the Copam , & would decide to buy that IF i was buying another cutter right now ... BUT the Zen Black is worth the difference over the Green , so an easy decision to justify that upgrade ... I would themn step back & look at the overall picture & probably decide to buy a Copam again . Only thing I can say bad about the Copams is the pinch rollers , I has 3 break on 2 cutters for no apparent reason & other members had same break at the same spot . Mine were 3 years old & all broke within a couple months of each other . I don't know if it was a bad batch of pinch rollers ( they are made of trashy pot metal ) but it seemed time related , but replacement pinch rollers are only $50 each , so really not much of a factor . I would think all manufactures outsource things like pinch rollers etc , so the same company might be making the pinch rollers for the Zens .

@Roger.. Mr300s was using a Graphtec CE5000-60 for his detailed work... The pictures were designs cut with his Graphtec. He has never owned a Copam. He had a Pcut and upgraded to the Graphtec.

Hey Skeeter , I may be wrong about the member name or the cutter used .. Jenny has a dime beside a very detailed flower type decal she cut with her Copam & the other decal was the name " Nomad " on a 1/25th model car . I thought it was done by Mr300 on a copam ... maybe he did that with his P-Cut . I remember those being posted again when somebody was slamming the chinease cutters , saying what USCutter sold could not cut small detailed stuff . I have those saved somewhere ( I checked where I thought I had them saved :( ) , I'll try to find them when I get motivated enough to find them . Seems to me John is the 1 who remembers where they are & posted them the last several times the discussion comes up :) .

YES... Roger the nomad was done by mr300s....no, he did the nomad when he got his new Graphtec.

And YES, I reposted them...

that picture may not have made it to this forum. Here is a post where I had reposted it for Joe Camaro.

It's a dead link. Where I reposted it. but I will contact Bill

It was mr. 300 when he bought his new graphtec and with a cleancut blade. I have never seen anyone come close to the size he did that in and weeded with any other cutter. Out of the 8 models of cutters I have used only the graphtecs have even came close . . . with my copam not even close. someday I may get a chance to try the gcc cutters just to compare how they are but cannot really make a honest statement on there accuracy having never used one. I can say that if I upgrade again it will be to a FC series graphtec like Carolyn's. I had on old fc4100 and the cuts were amazing - it was just big and heavy with no optical sensor for contour cutting. Even after having 2 Roland GX24's and now the Roland SP300V I will keep my graphtec for really fine work as we have been known for. this one was getting pretty small but Bill blew this one away with the nomad! made mine look like it was billboard size!

post-2742-0-52197800-1324093837.jpg

I got a reply back from Bill,,, Mr300s. He will post the picture again, when he gets back from fishing, in a few days, and said, "YES", it was on his new Graphtec.

Bill has a better close up but here is his photo - this is a script font

wow yeah that's pretty detailed work. Is that done with graphtec?

must be a pain in teh ass to weed that. it's amazingly detailed!! I know there is no way PCUT can achieve that much of detail .