house

24" goldcut question from newbie

anyone familar with a 24" goldcut cutter. owner says it was bought from uscutter. any info would be appreciated.

owner says its similar to a roland gx 24

help!!!!!!!

thanks

house

not even close to a ROLAND, a step above the Refine MH series... It is a Refine GoldCut.. Sold for $229.NEW.. think that was the 14", So a little higher for 24" Maybe around $279-299.00..... UScutter didn't sell them for long.. and not even available on the site. You can check the specs out on the site below. Those cutters are considered VALUE/HOBBY cutters.. I would guess comparable to the SC series being sold now. A Roland and Graphtec are Professional vinyl cutters.

http://www.uscutter....CFWgEQAoddiLmSg

If you go to 1 of Us cutter ebay pages, it shows comparison of cutters bottom of page

http://www.ebay.com/...=item45fdeae128

as I understand it, the Goldcut was actually a step BELOW the MH series...whereas the SC series is a big step UP from the MH series. Better built,more reliable,etc.

As for the 'hobby' label...there is hardly any of us here who didn't start our business with one of the low end cutters. I have been running a successful sign business for 7 years now with 5 cutters,none of which cost over $600 and all of which do anything and everything I ask of them. I could buy a graphtec or roland...but why? I'm still looking for a reason.

It's all in how much you are willing to put into what you do. You can run a sign business with a craft robo if you want to, I know people who do. It's not so much the tools as the person using them.

To the OP: If you are thinking about buying this cutter...don't. You can get a better cutter for not much money..and if USC has stopped listing them, it means availability of parts might be questionable in the future. Of course if the price is right.($150 or less) it could be a good way to see if you have what it takes.

i appreciate all the response. thanks a bunch. so all said the lady wants $275. the roland gx24 is less than a year old. can be bought for $800-$1000. no stand. i figured i might buy it and if things don't turn out i could resaale it for about what i paid.

your thoughts as to that logic and value as to the roland

thanks in advance.

i appreciate all the response. thanks a bunch. so all said the lady wants $275. the roland gx24 is less than a year old. can be bought for $800-$1000. no stand. i figured i might buy it and if things don't turn out i could resaale it for about what i paid.

your thoughts as to that logic and value as to the roland

thanks in advance.

Even at $1000 that is a good deal on the Roland...$800 even better. You can easily make a stand..others have.

hi banner john

thanks for your input. that was my thoughts also. supposebly the cutter is like new.

hi banner john

thanks for your input. that was my thoughts also. supposebly the cutter is like new.

If I found a Roland at that price close enough to pick up, I'd jump on it. I don't need it. but I could make some money on it.

hi again. gotta get it for $800 as its 4 hours from me. thats a lot of gas at $15 or so a gallon. we'll see what happens.

thanks

Good luck! You will love it.

Hey, I used to drive 8 hours every weekend to see a girl...and that's each way.

Odd thing. I used to also drive 8 hours one way to see a girl on weekends years ago.

I finally got tired of the driving and we got married...

Now I think that driving wasn't so bad after all :blink::wacko::huh::bear:

• Like 1

jist to let all know. it was my day today. roland 24 bought. 4 hours there 4 hours back. it was in great shape. bought for less than $1000. i at buy. thanks for all the help.consider it a gre