Sign in to follow this  
capross

Unrecognizeable error in Windows 7(no "fixes" work)

Okay, I've tried signblazer 6.02 and 6.05, reinstalled both multiple times, tried compatibility mode for xp and vista(both servie pack options), still have these problems:

Doing anything in the cutter window causes the "unrecoverable error" dialog box to open, and crashes the program. I can create files in signblazer, but when I try to cut them, or go into setup, it crashes.

I tried to search for "unrecoverable error windows 7" here, but "7" can't be searched(too short of a term) and "unrecoverable error" posts all have the same suggestion of "reinstall signblazer" which I've done. Plus, I haven't found anyone who gets the error when I do. Please help!

Thank you

(windows 7 home premium)

I running 6.05 on Windows 7 Ultimate with no issues. Un-install it then use CCleaner to remove any remaining registry entries then try a gain.

I am also running SB with Windows 7 with no issues. I would delete and clear the registry of all SB related files if that fails to solve the issue try deleting the driver for your cutter and run SB with the cutter unplugged it may be a hardware issue with the cutter or cable or driver.

Thanks everyone, I initially tried this on a reinstall of Windows 7, so I didn't even think to clear the registry after the first failed SB attempt. Unfortunately, it still didn't work. I have no idea why at this point, but I did get it to run in Virtualbox, so at least I'm not completely stranded(and I can use linux to cut too, but it's features are poor and difficult compared to SignBlazer). I'm still looking around for some info, hopefully it's something small(or something I overlooked) and thank you Skeeter for the 7*** tip!