Lady_VI

Dumbfounded NEWBIE

Hello all,

First I want to say a big thank you to everyone that puts in the time to help everyone out. I have been reading this forum everyday for about 2 weeks and some of you are amazing with your generosity. So Thank you from me and everyone that has not said that yet!!!!!

Now I will introduce myself as the DUMBFOUNDED NEWBIE (LOL).

Just got my cutter yesterday and I am so confused. All the different software and file formats. To use Signcut or Signblazer to someone that has never use this kind of software has no idea. And how to get the file in the right format and get it into the software?:huh:??? I think it will be awhile before I will actually be able to use the new cutter. Anyway back to my reading and trying to get it figured out.

Just wanted to say Hi and THANK YOU.

Welcome aboard. I would suggest that you focus on learning Signblazer over Signcut. I pretty much self-taught myself the majority of Signblazer by just "playing around" with the software.

You should only concern yourself with the .eps file format for now. Go to the "Graphic Requests" section on this forum and download some

.eps files to practice with. You simply "Import" the .eps file into Signblazer and go from there.

You can also play around with text and fonts that come with Signblazer. You can add more fonts fairly easily, but Signblazer comes with a decent selection of fonts to start out with.

Hello and welcome signblazer is really easy to learn and use . eps is the format that is most commonly used in cutting vinyl.. just read and ask questions and you will be fine.

Dan

Thanks MB and Dan Lord knows I need all of the tip and trick that anyone can give me. I did download a few files from that tread but I can not get them to open so more reading for me...LOL... I have not downloaded Signblazer yet only signcut....will go do that right now. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Welcome. I like SignBlazer because it allows you to design and cut both. It's also easy to learn.

Thanks Jay! I downloaded signblazer and I think I will like it better too. Looks alot easier and I do like the idea of one program instead of two.

I suggest making stuff in SignBllazer , cutting that , applying etc before starting to import files etc . A little easier learning curve ... BTW Lady 6 ... is that anything like Henry the 8th :huh::)

;D LOL. Acually Rodger it is V as in Victor and i as in igloo and not a romand numrual, but that was funny!!!!! :lol:

Anyway thanks for you imput. I have been playing around with Signblazer for a few hours now but I can not get it to cut. It give me an error measage

"Can not open the out put device Error initializing cutter"

LOL

In the setup on signblazer it gives me a list of com1 - Com8 and in device manager my USB plugs are COM13, COM14, COM15 and COM16. I have an Acer laptop with Vista.

from my memory , it seems SB needs com ports lower than 5 . Try using something under 5 in device manager & SB .

Thanks Rodger!

I got it fixed and did my first cut!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to rename my USB Port.

Your welcome :)