Sign in to follow this  
rhume

MH721 operaitin Proble

I just got the MH721 and set it up.  The first time I pressed the test button the unit printed a 2" square with a diamond in the center.  When I connected it to my computerand tried to print a test page, it would not do anything.  I disconnected the printer from the computer.  I tried a test page again and now I get all kinds of strange stuff and the rollers move erratically.  Has antone experienced this problem and what do I need to do to correct it.

I am using the printer test program.  I just push the test button on the plotter control panel.

The cutter drivers are not set up to run in windows printers folder.You have to run the cutter from signcut-flexisign-artcut-signgo or another sign cutting program.You should have signcut with your cutter.After you have nistalled the program and designate the cutter,you should have no problem.

Billy,

I tried to run the Sign-cut template last night and all it did was move the plotter pen from one side to the other.  I am controlling the plotter using a USB conector.  My lapto does not have a serial or parrell port.

I don't use usb,but I think you have to go to the settings tab and down to cutter,then make sure it has the refine cutter as the cutter and com* as the device.The com number has to be the same as the usb to serial converter shows from the install.

Billy,

Thanks for the help.  I will review the settings I have.  However, I see where other pepole are having simmlar issues in another area of the forum.  It appears that Marcel is working with them.  IIf this does not correct the problem I will put a post on that page.  Thanks again

I talked to rhume this morning and went over some things for him to try when he gets home tonight. Unfortunately he only has USB to work with which can be a problem in itself. In any case I will continue to work with him to see if this is just a connection issue or a possible hardware problem.