flixmaster

Cutter getting sloppy

I have had a Laserpoint 24" for a few years now. Cutting has been fine up until this past month. We have been using the exact same setup but now the cutter is starting to show jagged cuts on round circles, some over cutting on some areas and just nicking the vinyl in other areas.

Tech support updated drivers on the machine but we are still seeing problems.

The machine has become a littly noisy now.

Do I need to replace the pinch rollers? Cutting arm? Any suggestions?

Have you tried a new blade? Checked the blade holder for any remnants or dirt? Oiled (very slightly) the blade holder and checked to make sure the blade spins easily.

With the machine off, try moving the cutting head back & forth to see if it has become loose.

No other ideas at the moment...

• Like 1

I have checked those things and put in a new blade. Blade spins fine in the holder. When the machine is off the head does not move back and forth.

What software are you using? Sounds like a setting of some sort. Mine was cutting through some artwork and not finishing up or would have wavy lines instead of straight cutting and tech support messed with a few settings in flexi and I was up and running again but once again I am having problems and my tech support is up! I don't want to mess with the settings so I am cutting everything piece by piece.

Check the head / carriage back plate where the roller wheels are attached and make sure there are now cracks.

I had to replace mine because it was cutting strange (looked like stitching / perforations).

I could not see any play in it, but it had a small crack where the one roller bolt was attached.

Thought maybe there would be a good answer to this one by now haha! The weekends are slow. But I am having the same issues and with bigger signs or cuts the cutter seems to cut a line right through it and give up. Maybe a cutter memory issue?

I have looked at the rollers also.. they seem fine...

I cut a number of random decals today.. I am getting over cuts, undercuts just real random stuff but it boils down to just not clean cutting. When i weed the items I get snags and small tears where there should be straight lines.

Still having cutting issues. Not sure why the cutter has not been cutting correctly for the past few months but every cut I do has some type of nick here or not completing the cut. The images are being cut but they are just not clean like they have been in the past. I have tried to adjust the speed, pressure, offset and everything else I can think of.

I have not altered the images because pre-November the same images were cutting just fine.

any other ideas?

It is an electrical piece could be a board going bad. Try a new cable maybe...... Sounds like you have covered all the basics.

Still having cutting issues. Not sure why the cutter has not been cutting correctly for the past few months but every cut I do has some type of nick here or not completing the cut. The images are being cut but they are just not clean like they have been in the past. I have tried to adjust the speed, pressure, offset and everything else I can think of.

I have not altered the images because pre-November the same images were cutting just fine.

any other ideas?

have you tried a new blade? Or taken your blade holder apart to make sure there are no vinyl scraps in it? A drop of 3-1 , or sewing machine oil in blade holder can help. Blade needs to spin freely.

Yes or if its possible switch to a serial connection. Something else is if you install any new usb devices or hardware when you started having issues its kind of unlikely but there could be a "disagreement" there.

Sounds like its running to fast Over cutting and undercutting . Slow the cutter down just a little and see if that helps . Its running faster than it should be .