Sign in to follow this  
Spaz_head

Contour Cutting Problem

I am new to using the US Cutter laser contour cutter. Once I got the proper driver installed, I was able to cut some letters without any difficulty.

I tried to do some contour cutting, but could not get it to cut. Not sure the problem. Followed the directions from the forum. I set the reg marks, but it would only allow me to send it to the cutter in portrait page position (wanted to cut a T shirt transfer on 8.5"X11" paper landscape). Once I set the reg marks with the laser eye and hit cut it did nothing. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

I just tried contour cutting for the first time too and it did the exact same thing, you align the marks next step hit cut and nothing!. I get no error, nothing on the cutter screen either, if start a new document and cut a circle, it cuts no problem, anyone??

thanks

Wayne

I did see a note in an instructional earlier that said make sure you have the latest version, I am running 6.0.21 or SignBlazer

I am new to using the US Cutter laser contour cutter. Once I got the proper driver installed, I was able to cut some letters without any difficulty.

I tried to do some contour cutting, but could not get it to cut. Not sure the problem. Followed the directions from the forum. I set the reg marks, but it would only allow me to send it to the cutter in portrait page position (wanted to cut a T shirt transfer on 8.5"X11" paper landscape). Once I set the reg marks with the laser eye and hit cut it did nothing. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

You will have to do FILE - CUT A PRINT - then hit the CUT button for printed transfers. Then go through the procedure of aligning the laser. The problem I have is when aligning the laser it wants to move a quarter inch. So when I go to cut, half the image gets trimmed. I sure it's something I'm not doing. There has to be a JOG setting somewhere.

I figured out how to change the portrait/landscape in CUT A PRINT after changed my design to portrait. But now for the life of me I can't find it again.

....I set the reg marks, but it would only allow me to send it to the cutter in portrait page position (wanted to cut a T shirt transfer on 8.5"X11" paper landscape).....

Thanks

Finally found the landscape/portrait solution. Go to FILE - PRINT and click on the ROTATE button at the top left. This toggles the landscape/portrait aspects. Print the transfer. This will carry over to the CUT A PRINT function. Hope this helps.

Tom