MY 24" USCUTTER well only work if I

Once i get the head position where i want it and the vinyl ready

if i click cut the porgram winpcsign well go not responding

I have to save everything first in case this happens

now I have to get the vinyl and head ready and before cutting I have to turn off the cutter

pull the usb cable out , start the machine and plug in the usb cable then good to go

ANY IDEAS what to try

I had the same issues with mine. I finally switched to the Serial cable that came with it and haven't had a problem since. It was the best thing I have done so far.

I had the same issues with mine. I finally switched to the Serial cable that came with it and haven't had a problem since. It was the best thing I have done so far.

Absolutelt spot-on. The USB cable does not often fit well into the cutter and will drop the connection. Same thing can happen in softeware...dropped connection. Serial is the most reliable.

Mine was doing the same thing until I Duct-taped the cable to the cutter so it wouldn't wiggle. Serial wasn't an option in my case.

Thanks , but mine didn't come with a serial option either

I replaced the USB cable but same issue maybe I should try

Some hot glue or something.

Ummm... the 24" LaserPoint comes with a serial port and a serial cable.

If what you are saying is that you do not have a serial port on your computer or laptop, then you can buy an adapter.

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/SearchDetail.asp?productID=2066

I don't work for these guys or endorse them. I'm just showing you an option. You can probably pick-up the adapter at your local Radio Shack, BestBuy, Fry's, ABT or any other tech store for a few more dollars.

i think its generally suggested to use the keyspan usb-serial converter... seems to have the best results...

I just wanted to add my voice.  I was wasting a lot of vinyl using the USB connection.  I switched to the serial port connection and it's worked flawlessly since.  I've ordered a USB-Serial converter and hope it will allow me to use the Laserpoint with my laptop.

Has anyone here actually used a USB-Serial converter and did it work for you?

Thanks,

JimmieD

I bought a cheapo USB to Serial converter on Ebay and now am running my laserpoint from my laptop with no more of the problems of lost connections I experienced with the USB to USB connection.  Just thought I'd share for those experiencing lost connections.

JimmieD

my new computer only has usb ports and I haven't really had any trouble getting my computer to comunicate with my cutter but i wonder if anyone has tried adding one of these to their computer for the cutter http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1776689&CatId=1422  if it will work better i'll buy one and add it to my new computer 

I guess i should had that i'm using a pcut630  and not laserpoint

I don't see why it shouldn't work. I would give it a go. Let us know if you use it, and how it works out for you.

My pcut can only use USB,because the plug on the cutter is a device plug,so it is a USB on one end and Device on the other.Worked great for a month but now can't get my laptop or desktop to see cutter

my  pcutct630  as only USB no serial

You might want to post this issue in the correct section of the forum. I promise you would get better results. You post this is in the LaserPoint bulletin board, the forum members are going to assume that you're talking about a LaserPoint cutter, and not a PCut.

Hopefully the moderators will catch this thread and move it for you, but if not, start a new topic and post it there. provide what hardware and software you're using, post a file if you're willing to have other troubleshoot it for you.