MidKnight

LP24 not cutting...at first, really annoying

First off,

I have a Win 7 desktop, LP 24", USB connection, SC Pro

And yes, I have searched the forums, looked at connections, looked at setting, and everything else that I have thought of.

The problem at hand is when I import an .ai file into SC Pro (creating .ai file with Photoshop cs5 (this is only option for i don't like inkscape, and can afford to buy AI atm), export as an ai file), the first time i try to cut, the plotter acts as if it had received no communication from the PC,

Now here is the weird part, If i select Advanced Contour Cut, it will cut the file, but really messes up the scale of the picture, and it stops in the middle of the cut with the plotter saying Waiting.... BUT, if I at this point hit the kill switch and abort the cut, I can then make a normal cut, just fine. I have to do this with every file i try to cut, and it is getting frustrating as it wastes time, and vinyl, any suggestions?

have already reinstalled software...

Did you followed the new bie manual to see if you can cut with Sign blazer?

Does the file show up in SC pro before you hit cutting?

Did you performed precut on screen?

Did it cut the demo that starts when you load SCpro itself?

Paco

I could be entirely wrong; very often am, and don't mind a bit :blink:

But didn't I read somewhere that SC doesn't work well with CS5? If even a maybe, worth looking into.

Next; Photoshop?? That's NOT a vector program. Did you mean Illustrator maybe? Anything you want to cut has to be 100% vector. No bitmaps...

FAQ from SC pro page

Illustrator CS5

There is no finalized plugin available for cs5, we will have one released in the next revision sometime in the next several weeks. Until then manually save as an ai or eps file with text converted to curves and compression turned off compatible with version 8 or earlier. If you save to the Signcut import directory you can open Signcut and click import and Signcut will open the last file saved there.

Paco

I have found that if I send a file to SC from illustrator the first time I try to cut it SC crashes. If I then unplug the USB from the computer and plug it back in it will work the next time. I am running windows 7 and CS4. It i kind of aggravating to do every time I connect the cutter to the computer to cut something but it works.

I have found that if I send a file to SC from illustrator the first time I try to cut it SC crashes. If I then unplug the USB from the computer and plug it back in it will work the next time. I am running windows 7 and CS4. It i kind of aggravating to do every time I connect the cutter to the computer to cut something but it works.

have you tried a Keyspan adapter? Serial is always better.

I could be entirely wrong; very often am, and don't mind a bit :blink:

But didn't I read somewhere that SC doesn't work well with CS5? If even a maybe, worth looking into.

Next; Photoshop?? That's NOT a vector program. Did you mean Illustrator maybe? Anything you want to cut has to be 100% vector. No bitmaps...

Hello.

My name is Therese. One of the persons who work with support at the company that developed SignCut. Unfortunately we have not been so present here at this forum, since we have our own support portal (signcut.zendesk.com) and also carries out live chat with our customers on our website (www.signcutpro.com).

There is a pluggin for Adobe Illustrator CS5. You can find it if you follow this link. http://www.signcutpro.com/plugins.php?version=PC&scv=1.10

If the pluggin does not work follow this link instead. http://getsatisfaction.com/signcut/topics/i_have_downloaded_the_adobe_illustrator_cs5_plugin_but_it_wont_work

Have a nice day

Regards,

Therese Löfström

SignCut Sweden