chrismoore

Need help to cut two images together

Ok so mabey someone here knows how to do this. I have two images, one a design and one a logo. I need to overlay these which is no problem but when I send it to the cutter the bottom design cuts through the logo on top. So how do I make it so that the bottom design does'nt cut thru the top logo?? I've tried welding but that did'nt work. Will it work if I place the image in the back of the logo using the arrange tool? Both images were brought in using the import function as .eps files from inkscape. Thanks for any imput.

Chris

Ok so mabey someone here knows how to do this. I have two images, one a design and one a logo. I need to overlay these which is no problem but when I send it to the cutter the bottom design cuts through the logo on top. So how do I make it so that the bottom design does'nt cut thru the top logo?? I've tried welding but that did'nt work. Will it work if I place the image in the back of the logo using the arrange tool? Both images were brought in using the import function as .eps files from inkscape. Thanks for any imput.

Chris

If I understand you correct make one a different color then just select that color to cut?

• Like 1

I didn't understand it either . If you want to cut it all together , try " combine "

No I cannot change colors as that will have no effect I need both images to cut at the same time but I dont want the lines of the design to cut through the logo on top, does that make sense?

You need to combine then weld. If you email me the image I can get it setup for you, and send it back as a eps.

You need to combine then weld. If you email me the image I can get it setup for you, and send it back as a eps.

Thanks I appreciate the offer I'll try your suggestion first.

Nope that does'nt work either, this cut so that the logo and the design are one piece. To help claify I am cutting paint masks, so I want the logo to weed in one piece seperate from the design but be cut at the same time. I can cut each part seperate but then I have to do alot of hand cutting when I apply one mask over the other.

It is really difficult to understand what you want without seeing it. "Designs" and "Logo's" can be many things and so need different approaches. Try selecting both and Arrange + Weld + Punch Through. This will remove any of the design under the logo.

Jay

• Like 1

Can you send us the images? we will try to walk you through the process or get it setup for you. Cutting programs don't always have the proper way of combining images.

I have never had a problem combining 2 ( or more ) images in SB .

If you are wanting to cut both images from 1 piece of vinyl , so you can apply the whole design , paint ... remove 1 image & then paint the newly exposed area :huh: I would align the images on top of each other as you want them to come out & cut ...make each image a separate color & select both colors to cut , combine them , make them both the same color etc ( it really doesn't matter )

Rereading the original post ... " but when I send it to the cutter the bottom design cuts through the logo on top. So how do I make it so that the bottom design doesn't cut thru the top logo?? " The cutter cuts 1 piece of vinyl , whatever cuts you want in that piece of vinyl gets cut ( there is no bottom or top layer , that vinyl gets cut to the backing paper ) . If you don't make all the cuts , it doesn't seem usable at all for a 2 layer paint mask . :huh:

I have read the original post and have no idea what you are trying to do....Without images, it is hard to offer help...

I know but I dont know how else to explain what I'm tring to do and I tried to upload an image without success, try this visual image. If you were to look at a nascar paint scheme, the number would be the logo and the design runs under the number. That is what I want the completed cut to look like, where the design cut stops at the number and then continues on after it. But currently the design cuts through the number, cutting it into lots of small bits. Does that make more sense? The problem with the weld function is that it stops the design lines ok but it also stops the logo from making a complete cut

Ok lets try this, this is what I get now, the red lines represent the design and the "A" is the logo. As you can see the design lines get cut by the cutter effectively cuting through the logo and cutting it into several parts.

now.jpg

This is what I need, the design is cut but does not cut through the logo allowing me to weed the logo in one piece.

need.jpg

The problem with the weld option is that the cutter does'nt fully cut the logo but rather cuts up to the design and then out and around the design leaving the logo not full cut.

welded.jpg

So now any ideas on how to get to image #2?

Thanks

Chris

So you want it like the top not the bottom?

Yes but with the circle fully cut. Its possible that what I am attempting is not possible with this software??

So you are working on a 2 colour design?....And 2 different colours are stacked on top of one another?

Well in a simplistic view yes but in reality my designs have up to five+ colors and pinstripes also included in the cutting and weeding so you can see how this gets complicated quickly. Here is a pic of one of my prior completed works, this was all cut using liquid mask at the time. But you can see how the design runs under the 14. I want the mask to cut the number and design but the number must be cut completely.

Richard14-pic2.jpg

When you " weld " it removes the cut lines on the bottom image . Experiment by changing what is on the bottom before you weld . Welding makes it look like the top picture Roxy posted . " combine " keeps all the cuts . You might be able to get what you want by " node editing " & removing the nodes that will eliminate the cuts you don't want .

EDIT ; several posts were made while I was typing . It might be your download of SignBlazer is corrupt . I tried what you want & it came out fine . the top image looked like it was cut exact . The bottom image had all the cut line removed under the top image . Maybe delete & load SignBlazer again . I just put a # 14 on top of some stripes & welded ( comes out the same if the # is behind ) . It came out perfect & like you are trying to get . Click " node edit " after welding & see if the node path goes thru what you dont want cut . " Punch thru " gives the same effect it seems .

When you " weld " it removes the cut lines on the bottom image . Experiment by changing what is on the bottom before you weld . Welding makes it look like the top picture Roxy posted . " combine " keeps all the cuts . You might be able to get what you want by " node editing " & removing the nodes that will eliminate the cuts you don't want .

EDIT ; several posts were made while I was typing . It might be your download of SignBlazer is corrupt . I tried what you want & it came out fine . the top image looked like it was cut exact . The bottom image had all the cut line removed under the top image . Maybe delete & load SignBlazer again . I just put a # 14 on top of some stripes & welded ( comes out the same if the # is behind ) . It came out perfect & like you are trying to get . Click " node edit " after welding & see if the node path goes thru what you dont want cut . " Punch thru " gives the same effect it seems .

Yep if I click node edit it shows the design going thru the logo, now I have SB elements, would that be an issue?

Ok success, I realized that my logo(which I had downloaded) was in essence hollow which was why the lines were continuing thru the logo. I filled in the logo and then welded and its now correct. Thanks to all for the help.

Ok success, I realized that my logo(which I had downloaded) was in essence hollow which was why the lines were continuing thru the logo. I filled in the logo and then welded and its now correct. Thanks to all for the help.

Glad you figured it out before we all went crazy well I think Rodger is all ready there LOL

been there , done that & got the T-shirt ... & repeated ... now just making laps :)