threedee

Europe hails US(Cutter ? :D )

Hello folks.

New to the forum and new (again(explanation pending)) to signmaking.

At the moment reside in UK, Northern Ireland. Weather is cr@p, but people are nice (mostly).

Planning on purchasing Refine MH721 this weekend.

Been doing signs for over 15 years, with last 4 stuck in architectural illustration and draughting (acad and corel mostly), computer fixing for hardware illiterate bosses of mine.... Used many different techniques (manual-cutting, anyone that's where you use a proper knife :lol: ), plotters, software, computers (obviously)...

Now, getting tired of all the BS my boss gives me and not getting any younger, decided to start a small family run business for signmaking and textile printing.

Have to re-learn almost everything about signmaking. Materials changed, equipment got cheap as peanuts, some new techniques sprung up. So, dont be surprised if i'll be asking n00bish questions. I'm not afraid to look as i'm full of n00bium, what i'm afraid is lack of knowledge...

My noobishness will mostly show on actually applying graphics, since i was more or less on "design and cut" end of operations. Someone else would be sticking that on... Now will hafta do all that meself :S

Still need to choose a heat press for flex, getting mighty confused about that one, because only worked one thru my entire career - Sisser TS-One swing-away, which is brilliand and costs bloody fortune for a simple thing it is... (~3400 USD including cap head and plate. according to xe.com) Any idea where i can buy TS-One in europe ? Preferably UK. That mutha is heavy, shipping charges will be a bitch.

If i can dig up my old photos of jobs done, will post them.

So, any and all help appresiated and dont kick me too hard for being semi-n00b :lol:

P.S. N.Ireland based people, if any, PM me.

If you will pay my fare to Ireland I will come over and teach you everything I know. After that I can just live in the barn or under the stairs. Weather here in Tennessee is crap too but if I'm gonna have crappy weather I'd rather be there than here..the home of my ancestors.

Anyway, you will catch on real fast,and we are here to help. I started from scratch with no help from anybody and have built a successful business in just over two years.

I have a friend in Ballymena...are you anywhere in that area,? What county?

Moy, Co Tyrone. About 50km in straight line from me, other side of Lough Neagh.

I dont have neither barn or "under stairs", btw.

Well, now have to get all the tools of the trade, besides all fancy computery stuff... Squeegees, big table.........a garage.... :lol: etc...

feel free to contact me directly through PM if you have an specific questions. I have the model you are considering. Can't help you on the heat press end but I can help you on the vinyl end,supplies,etc.