CATWOM1960

Download Inkscape

I have been trying to download Inkscape and when I go to set it up in pc it tells me that there is a error

not sure what is wrong anyone have that problem

Bonnie

I downloaded the inkscape with the link that you gave me and it did the same thing it says error opening file or writing and gives me the choice of abort retry ignore

I downloaded the inkscape with the link that you gave me and it did the same thing it says error opening file or writing and gives me the choice of abort retry ignore

On the Download page are you using the Windows Installer link:

http://screencast.com/t/ru2eE6WC

A shot in the dark here...

I just installed inkscape the other day when I noticed they had a newer version than what I had installed. The download was fine. When I went to install it, the program told me I already had a version installed and would I like to uninstall it first. Of course I said 'yes' and let it go... Didn't go. The 'uninstall' didn't. Left all the original fines intact and even left the old inkscape running in the background; no visible windows ar all. I found that with the taskmanager. I killed all the running inkscape programs and installers, then manually deleted the inkscape directory where it was originally installed. Then ran the installer again with no problems. The error it gave me was similar to yours.

If you don't know how to use the taskmanager and find running processes that shouldn't be; then I suggest a re-boot. Delete the installed inkscape flder and then try the new install. There's no good reason why it shouldn't work, unless maybe you're running win7 ( or worse yet, vista) and don't have admin rights?

On the Download page are you using the Windows Installer link:

http://screencast.com/t/ru2eE6WC

Ok so I uninstaled all of inkscape then downloaded where you said and when I download and then try to install it I still get the error message I had it at one time but got a new laptop and wanted to reinstall don't know what is wrong

Glad to hear you got it working. Now you're all set to help the next person :D