I am totally new to cutting, I just got a 24" PCut CT630 and I'm having a hard time getting complete cuts and seeing strange things happening. Seems to be getting worse the more I cut. I use to cut say 10 logos and figured I would have 2 to throw away and the rest would be fine with little or no xacto knife to complete cuts. Now it seems out of 10 logos, I need to xacto most if not all. Mostly been cutting fairly small logos that I am cutting to put on RC cars.

The cuts do not complete, I have watched the blade as it cuts and I think (at least in some instances) the blade is lifting up and not completing the cut. In some cases it may miss about 1/3 of the letter and that makes it a PITA to weed.

I have read through the forums quite a bit and haven't noticed this particular problem. I have tried various blade depth adjustments and pressure settings in the 100 - 115 range. I'm cutting on the slowest speed, 10. The cutter is grounded to the stand. I have tried changing to another USB port on my computer.

I have also had some other strange results in my cuts, see below.

The first sample shows a "BF Goodrich" logo, almost everyone of the "F" did not cut properly. While a few of them did cut fine. I cut 24 of the logos, only the first 3 appear to have turned out ok. With various parts of the "F" missing in all the other logos, and it's not consistent with how much of the F is missing (On the right of the screenshot).

pcut_problem.jpg

The second sample shows where the letter "G" is not getting completely cut. The top part of the G is not getting completely cut.

pcut_problem_g.jpg

The third sample shows where the cutter skipped an "S" in "G. STEELE". It didn't finish cutting the period, then skipped the S and went to the T.

pcut_problem_s.jpg

Another run of BFGoodrich logos and this is what I got on one of them. Also the K&N logo is not cutting the long rectangles completely either.

pcut_problem_BFG.jpg

And lastly, an example of a weird cut:

pcut_problem_Auto.jpg

Specs:

PCut CT630

60 Degree blade

Windows 7 X64

SingBlazer Elem

USB connected

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Gary

Keyspan USB to Serial adaptor....worth a try.

I am just now getting around to playing again. Your post made me think, use an older laptop with a serial port. So I installed SingBlazer on an old laptop and connected the PCut with the serial cable. After a little bit of testing, things look good so far. Time will tell I guess....

If I knew for sure the USB -> Serial adapter would fix my problems I would be willing to buy one so I can use my desktop pc instead of old crappy laptop.

Thanks for your help.

I am also new in cutting, but as I have experienced about your problem, it maybe something to do with the software. Try to change or adjust your blade or knife offset for fully closed cut. We can not also set aside the fact that it may a hardware problem, like mother board problem. Mother board problem might cause of unable of applying maintenance like cleaning at least once or twice a month because of dust. Falling or unwanted shakes on machine. Might also have problem on its belt, maybe it was misaligned, better calibrate it.