guner1904

new 34" in alaska had for a week cant cut a thing

small business owner here we have 5 trucks and figured a great way to save money

would be to do the lettering and decals on our trucks ourselves so we got a mh 871 mk-2 34" cutter

the software that came with it was less than impressive and the driver installation package is way

different than what I'm used too and after a week of messing week I'm thoroughly frustrated running

windows 7 and no compatibility mode works.

any suggestions I'm pretty tech savvy and will try anything to get this working.

vista recognizes that its something from us cutter attached to the computer have tried serial port and usb

feel free to email me any help much appreciated

thx.

Did you read the 'newbie manual" here:

If you have a serial port on your computer, use that! MUCH more reliable than USB. If no serial port, use a Keyspan adapter...

Download the UK version of Signblazer and patch from the USC web site and use that.

Make sure your port settings are the same on both the computer and cutter. Make sure you select the correct port and settings in SB.

I don't run win7 here so I can't offer more specific help, but others here do and might be able to help with specific problems...

• Like 1

Did you select the right port? The list of drivers is in sign blazer and as was said use serial port if possible.

And welcome to the forum.

Dan

ok so finally got the cutter to move in a a coherent direction

ha ha but not far it scrawled a few nice letter cuts out the went crazy

and cut the other half of the letters at a 90 degree angle to the original

scratching but not before scoring a few sq. ft. of vinyl (pen tip is on now)lol

and got it moving with sign cut by the way'''

any 1 else had that???

another person was having the same problem with windows 7, maybe his solution will work for you: this is from his post I personally don't have the cutter or windows 7, just trying to help you. :Here is the whole thread for links

if you are experiencing the dreaded uscutter under unknown device in device manager have no fear. This is all assuming that you have already tried the normal steps and installed the FTDI driver of course. First download this driver HERE and extract to a folder in a spot you will be able to find later. Then go to control panel, devices and printers and choose to add new printer. Add local and use the existing port usb0001. When it is looking for the driver choose have disk and navigate to the directory you saved. It will tell you that this driver is not digitally signed but this is ok.

Now launch SB and create a square. Click cutter and then setup. Choose your cutter model and under ports choose usb0001. OK out of that and then choose cut and cut tile. This has worked on both Windows 7 64 bit business as well as Windows 7 32 bit ultimate and I was able to duplicate no problem.

Simple solution? Yes! Does it work? It did for me!

keywords: windows seven com port usb device not found driver 64bit mh-721 mh721

footnote: This is my experience with my particular situation, yours could be different. I am providing this to help others in case they have the same issue. "Human Knowledge Belongs To The World!" - Milo Hoffman - Antitrust -

• Like 2