Sign in to follow this  
lenmcc

Offset doesn't work: PCut CTN630 with SignCut Prod Pro

Recently switched from X2 to Prod Pro. Running OSX with CTN630 and KeySpan. Offset value no longer changes anything.

Everything is cutting with 0 offset, verified with the pen (the hand-written numbers are the offset values i used for that particular "cut"):

photo.jpg

Settings: I did notice that "Creation" only has an option for "CTN630E" and I think mine is just a "CTN630". Don't know the difference or if it matters here:

picture-17.png

Cut settings:

picture-18.png

There is no offset with a pen. You have to check with a blade in, that spins and drags behind. Do several attempts with your blade in at different settings. Then see what the difference is. Make sure there is no vinyl in the blade holder and the blade spins freely.

i know, the blade was cutting the small text poorly, and changing the offset wasn't affecting the cut, so i put the pen in for diagnostic purposes. with the pen installed, the first time i "cut" (without changing the offset), it plotted properly. ...which indicates the head is moving without any offset compensation. the first photo shows that the head movement is the same even though i was changing the offset values from 0.0 all the way to 1.0mm.

it's not a mechanical issue with the blade/holder/head. those are all good. i've been using this machine for 3 years and i generally know what i'm doing. this one has me thrown off though.

did you try changing the blade? or adjusting the blade? Make sure there is no vinyl in the blade holder. Alot of people use a 60 degree blade for detailed work, or even a drop of sewing machine oil/3-1 oil, in the blade holder helps. Slow the cutter speed down for small text.

the roland 45* blade and holder are in fantastic shape and working condition. this isn't a mechanical issue.

the issue is the "offset value" in SCP doesn't change the offset at the head. it doesn't matter what tool or blade is installed... if the offset value is changed in SCP, there should be SOME difference in the path at the head (rounded if offset is too little, jagged if offset is too much). i'm demonstrating that there is no difference, and i'm asking why.

Did you use the same machine in X2 and Pro selection box?

If not try to select and other Pcut machine to see if this is of any help.

If not create a support ticket at SC.

Paco

Yup, as far as I know everything's the same. kim said he's looking into it with mfg to see if there was a firmware update or something.

Anybody have experience with a gx-24?

Yup, as far as I know everything's the same. kim said he's looking into it with mfg to see if there was a firmware update or something.

Anybody have experience with a gx-24?

I too am having the same issues.

I just recently bought some 60 degree blades for my creation pcut running sign cut pro via mac os x snow leopard.

I have a detailed image to cut out, and I am having the hardest time getting it to cut it with out pieces flopping up and getting

caught on the rollers or blade. I've tried several attempts with a 45 and 60.

I also tried the offset to the recommended .25 and no luck!

I don't know what to do and I have to get this job done asap!

@limegreenstarz

sounds like your blade is out too far, picking up the vinyl pieces. Take your blade holder out of your machine, and in your hand, cut across a piece of scrap vinyl hard. You should be cutting the vinyl and only making a slight mark or no mark in the backing paper, put the holder back in your cutter, and adjust the force, so that you get these same results. Cutting vinyl, and slight mark/no mark on backing paper. You might want to check your blade holder first, before starting this and make sure there is not any vinyl pieces in the blade holder, Blade offset at .25mm is not set in stone. Make adjustments of .05 + or - until you find a good setting. If it get worse going 1 direction, start going back the other direction. Also try running your cutter at a slow speed. If your not already.

• Like 1