Sign in to follow this  
jenn

Outline on text - how do i do it?

just wondering if someone could tell me how to get a border around the lettering on the attached name Makayla......I tried just making a copy of the word smaller(beige) and placing on top of the brown word. Does that make sense? Sorry ...been on forum for a little while, but juust started to design.........

post-2662-0-74916900-1311827169_thumb.jp

do some searching,, that has been shown many, many, times. Screen casts and all. outline text. You have been a member since 08. longer than I have. Spend some time searching and reading. The questions have been asked and answered tons of times. There is a search box in the upper right corner.

• Like 2

Thanks for that response.......as i said, i have been a member since 2008 but just started to design......my old biz partner did it all..now i'm flying solo. As i was not aware of what it was called, "screen cast" i did not know what to search for....i did search the forum for quite a bit of time, but had no luck.....that's why i placed a post......

A snooty response was not needed...........

I'm still really new but am working on something similiar, under manipulation try expand/outline/inline option. it's worked for the design part of what i'm trying to do haven't cut it yet. If you have the signblazer learnguide it's page 161 (hour 5). If i'm wrong or it's not what your looking for sorry, but i hope it helps

Thanks for that response.......as i said, i have been a member since 2008 but just started to design......my old biz partner did it all..now i'm flying solo. As i was not aware of what it was called, "screen cast" i did not know what to search for....i did search the forum for quite a bit of time, but had no luck.....that's why i placed a post......

A snooty response was not needed...........

a "screencast" is a video showing how to do it.... outline text,,, is the term you are searching for. also Signblazer has a real nice manual to use... Maybe download and read it. :unsure: or ask your old biz partner...you should at least teach yourself the basics before flying solo on orders, if it was an order. And you can call it a snooty response all you want...

• Like 2

I'm still really new but am working on something similiar, under manipulation try expand/outline/inline option. it's worked for the design part of what i'm trying to do haven't cut it yet. If you have the signblazer learnguide it's page 161 (hour 5). If i'm wrong or it's not what your looking for sorry, but i hope it helps

thank you very much!

a "screencast" is a video showing how to do it.... outline text,,, is the term you are searching for. also Signblazer has a real nice manual to use... Maybe download and read it. :unsure: or ask your old biz partner...you should at least teach yourself the basics before flying solo on orders, if it was an order. And you can call it a snooty response all you want...

thank you........unfortunately, my biz partner and I do not speak......that's why I went this route........I am able to do basic orders, and haven't had to do this before......so please don't pass judgement on me.........i am trying my best and don't need to be knocked down by others......thank you for your assistance.

• Like 1

thank you........unfortunately, my biz partner and I do not speak......that's why I went this route........I am able to do basic orders, and haven't had to do this before......so please don't pass judgement on me.........i am trying my best and don't need to be knocked down by others......thank you for your assistance.

never be afraid to ask for help. There are people here who are willing to help when they can. After all, that's what this forum is for.

nobody is trying to knock you down, or pass judgement,, the info is here, most of the time, many, many,many, times,.

here is the screencast I was referring to. Jay2703 has done many screencasts on here for people learning. This one is for outline text. He uses JING, you can even use JING as a search word and bring up many of the screencasts that people do.

http://www.screencast.com/users/jay2703/folders/Jing/media/abbd106c-8f1f-4de1-8b7f-0a11305782ce

• Like 1

nobody is trying to knock you down, or pass judgement,, the info is here, most of the time, many, many,many, times,.

here is the screencast I was referring to. Jay2703 has done many screencasts on here for people learning. This one is for outline text. He uses JING, you can even use JING as a search word and bring up many of the screencasts that people do.

http://www.screencast.com/users/jay2703/folders/Jing/media/abbd106c-8f1f-4de1-8b7f-0a11305782ce

thanks everyone for your help........

thats what this forum has turned into....too many people who want to chime in on someone asking for help with "do a search, google it, look for it yourself"...theres not one single person on this forum or any other that was born knowing how to do this stuff. If you dont want to help, dont. But dont post under the topics asking for help. And it was a snooty response.