Debating new cutter VERY soon.

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you buy?

• Graphtec CE5000-60 New
    • ZenCut Black 24 or 40 New
    • Graphtec FC7000-75 *(Used, Ebay) 1800$
    • Copam
    • Roland GX24

a Graphtec, anyway you go. It's a perfect cut the first time.. I have the FC7000-75 and have never regretted getting the 30" My business was built with a 30" Seiki, So I wanted to stay with the larger size. I have never needed any larger. I saw the FC7000-75 on Ebay today and was going mention it to you.. I bought mine new in 2008, I have never had any problems with it. And I use it many times a day, almost everyday. Ask that guy selling the Fc7000-75 what year it is. Bought mine new in 2008. The buttons are ALL grey.. That one some buttons are purple/lavender? Must be a different year. And mine has the media basket, which sold me on the Graphtec over the Roland. It came standard on the Graphtec. FC7000-75. The cross cutting feature on the FC7000 model is great. See it on the close up of the cutter head? It has a blade on the bottom that cuts your vinyl off, when done cutting your order.

Dakota just added one today CE5000-60, I just saw it when I went to look at the FC7000-75 again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Graphtec-CE5000-60-vinyl-plotter-cutter-stand-/170673942688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bcf5b0a0

BUT as you should always do, do it within your budget. Buy the best you can afford.

and I can tell you, the FC7000 weighs over 100 pounds.

• Like 1

Found out the FC7000-75 comes with no media basket, and is about 3 years old. Pirated version of a sort of Flexi 8, and some vector art but nothing else. Price on it is 1795+135$ for shipping. Just a bit out of my budget, as the CE5000-60 is already a tight squeeze. Any input?

I am just concerned about both parts expense and availability as the FC7000 is an older machine, granted only 3 years, but lots of unkowns and who knows how long graphtec will have parts for it. Then again, If I am successful enough this will become my backup machine anyways as I WANT an FC8000 42+" cutter.... ultimately.

Just know that the CE5000 from USC with all their free goodies is a pretty fantastic deal. My local sign supplier wants 1950$ for the CE5000-60....

I am very torn. New, Warranty, Freebies and goodies, plus support and software, versus size, little more solid machine. Either way neither will have a media catch basket. If the FC7000 had one I would be sold at its existing price.

In the mean time I put an offer in on a used 5000-60 on ebay for 800 shipped which would be a decent deal if they take it.

I am just concerned about both parts expense and availability as the FC7000 is an older machine, granted only 3 years, but lots of unkowns and who knows how long graphtec will have parts for it. Then again, If I am successful enough this will become my backup machine anyways as I WANT an FC8000 42+" cutter.... ultimately.

Just know that the CE5000 from USC with all their free goodies is a pretty fantastic deal. My local sign supplier wants 1950$ for the CE5000-60....

I am very torn. New, Warranty, Freebies and goodies, plus support and software, versus size, little more solid machine. Either way neither will have a media catch basket. If the FC7000 had one I would be sold at its existing price.

In the mean time I put an offer in on a used 5000-60 on ebay for 800 shipped which would be a decent deal if they take it.

The box my last cutter came in made a nice media catch basket for me.

I just pulled the trigger on the CE5000-60 tonight, ordered some spare blades and a roll of chalkboard hexis with it....

I can't wait till it gets here and Happy Birthday to me! LOL....

Anyone know what settings and speed I should start out with for Oracal 631/651 and the Hexis materials?

a great birthday present, one that pays you back...with a bit of skill/and patience. ... Happy Birthday..

I just pulled the trigger on the CE5000-60 tonight, ordered some spare blades and a roll of chalkboard hexis with it....

I can't wait till it gets here and Happy Birthday to me! LOL....

Anyone know what settings and speed I should start out with for Oracal 631/651 and the Hexis materials?

Happy Birthday Vinyl!!!!

Settings = Dead On!

Speed = Wide Open heheheheehehheeheh :blink::D

Happy Birthday Vinyl!!!!

Settings = Dead On!

Speed = Wide Open heheheheehehheeheh :blink::D

HAHAAHA! Thanks I appreciate the settings buddy....

It is really too bad the guy on ebay with the FC7000 emailed me tonight after I ordered the CE last night offering it to me for 1500 shipped. DAMN LOL

CANCEL THAT ORDER VINYL!!!!!!! SAVE THAT $$$$$$$$$$$ heheheheheheheehh :thumbsup:

I know I love mine, FC7000MK-30 that is. It's a very well built, heavy machine. even though it cuts 30" the machine is 49.5" wide. I do have the media basket on mine, That's what sold me over the Roland, and the stand are standard.