eebo540

Strange Cutting with Flexi 8.6 (PCUT CS1200)

Hey guys,

I'm running a P-cut CS1200 plotter used with Flexi 8.6 on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

Everything has been running fine cutting out one design, however, I've been running into some problems once I change it.

More specifically -

The design has been cutting great at 100mm x 100mm, I need to resize this cut to 200mm x 200mm.

When it tries to cut at the bigger size the plotter cuts these strange lines that ruin the whole vinyl. For example it will be cutting an 'e', and about halfway through it stops cutting the curve and deviates away (still cutting) around 50mm then comes back up to where it deviated and continues along.

I've tried resizing in the job queue (upping it to 200%), creating a new graphic to the bigger measurements and rotating the graphic (not sure why, but figured it was worth a go :P).

I'm puzzled as to where the problem may be... I don't believe its the software, nor the graphic (it worked fine at the smaller size)... the sub-standard mechanics in the PCUT plotter?

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks, always appreciated :)

post-18626-0-91268800-1311757092_thumb.j

It's definitely NOT the Pcut, and the Pcut is definitely NOT sub-standard!

Are you sure you're talking mm? That's a very small graphic to offer any kinds of problems. Everyone here with a Pcut has done graphics much larger than that with no problems.

First off, I don't use Flexi so I can't offer specific help, but it does have to be something either in the software setup or communications. Also the CS model is different. There have been a few questions lately about getting a CS model to work right. First thing to check would be if you're using the correct driver and maybe someone else here would know which one that may be.

Are you using a straight USB connection? That's almost always a cause for problems.

Is your graphic just simple text? Maybe upload it here so someone can take a look at it.

Hopefully someone who knows more about the CS model and Flexi can add more...