Sign in to follow this  
cjj98xj

slow cutting

I have a problem.  When I first set up my 12"cutter, it cut great.  I had to set up a new office and when I hooked up my cutter and tried to cut a file I had previously cut and saved, the program cuts extremely slow on intricate arc segments, and cuts normally on straight segments.  The speed was set at 28 inches, and everything I can think to check pans out.

Any ideas?

And it didn't do this prior to the new setup?

I haven't cut anything on the last few days, but I'm trying to remember how mine cuts on curves and such.

Guest sciondrgn

Mine typically slows down on arcs just a bit. Its noticeable but not much

My main cutter did this once...very VERY slow on the arcs...I turned it off and on about 3 times and it went back to normal. No idea why or how.

the previous setup would zip right through the intricate fine detail arcs like they weren't even there.  It may have been a noticeable slowdown to an experienced user, but to a newb like myself, it zipped right along.  I unplugged the unit and moved it into the other room when I was setting up the new office.  When I plugged it back in and fired it up, it was agonizingly slow on the fine detail arcs and such.  When set on 28 inch speed, it zips through the straight and not so intricate stuff like mad.  But on the intricate stuff, it's so slow it tends to lift vinyl where it never used to.  I replaced the blade hoping it wouldn't lift so much, but it still does it.

I did try turning it off and on, about 5 or 6 times last night.  Still did the same thing.  The baud settings are matched at 9600.  I'm running out of ideas.

still having the same issue.  Now that I look at it a bit more though, it appears to be slowing down even in the middle of intricate cuts.  Sometimes it will start the intricate parts at a normal speed, then all of a sudden it jsut slows way down. 

Do you think it could be a hardware issue?

still having the same issues.  It went away for a few weeks, but for the most part, it's been there ever since the move to the new office.  Anyone else experienced anything like this?  BTW, the cutter in mention is the 12" pcut I believe.  I've attached a file I'm mostly having issues with.  The trouble areas are the lower portions of the trees.  Maybe too much detail?  I'm cutting it scaled to about 11" long by whatever height is proportionate.

post-1538-12986528508709_thumb.png

post-1538-12986528529243_thumb.png

Cutters noramally do slow down for arcs and more intricate designs, but if it is more than normal, it could be a motherboard issue. Not sure the we have offered a 12" PCut, but we do sell a 12" MH series.

You're right Ken, it's the MH365.  It's hard for me to tell if it's slower than it should be.  I know it's slower, by quite a bit, than when I first got it.  If I made a short vid clip, maybe someone could tell if it's too slow.  Maybe there are just too many nodes on the program I am cutting (too detailed for the size):thumbsup: