Sign in to follow this  
scoobybry

May be real dumb but............

Can i use photo shop cs5 to design and cut vinyl?? I use signblazer at the mo ??

thanks

Yes it does.....

can you explain? i went to college to learn photoshop and the master degree holding teachers, instructors, etc... said it does not produce vector images.

In PS make a selection that is closed, with selection tool still selected click inside the selection, choose make work path, then choose your tolerance and click ok, go to file and select export and export as paths to illustrator, save file and you have a workable .ai vector file.

• Like 1

In PS make a selection that is closed, with selection tool still selected click inside the selection, choose make work path, then choose your tolerance and click ok, go to file and select export and export as paths to illustrator, save file and you have a workable .ai vector file.

so to answer the original question...NO..Photoshop alone does not produce cutable vector images.

the question has been answered many times here. You can't produce and image and cut directly from Photoshop.

Ditto........

the OP asked: "Can i use photo shop cs5 to design and cut vinyl??"

The answer is NO you can't cut with photoshop.

\

• Like 1

I was talking about Photoshop making vectors....So just to be clear Photoshop can make vectors but it is not cutting software.....

• Like 1

I was talking about Photoshop making vectors....So just to be clear Photoshop can make vectors but it is not cutting software.....

to be clear..Photoshop has limited vectoring capabilities but its not as simple as just clicking something. It is not a vectorizing program by any means.

• Like 1

to be clear..Photoshop has limited vectoring capabilities but its not as simple as just clicking something. It is not a vectorizing program by any means.

Correct....

• Like 1

rox, I agree with up to this point. But simple vector shapes can be exported in a vector file format.

Read that tutorial, 4th paragraph down, 1st one under top images...

Don’t merge or rasterize your shape layers. As long as all your layers are shape layers then you have a vector piece of art…That means you can scale the original psd up and down in Photoshop and it will remain perfect and unpixelated!! The final output will NOT BE a vector file (it will be a rasterized jpg etc), to output a vector file you need to use Adobe Illustrator.