AAndrews19

color layers not translating properly

when opening an eps in signcut the the seperate color layers are never correct. For some reason signcut is taking certain parts of my artwork and changing it to a different color. I go back into illustrator to make sure the paths are correct, then reopen in signcut.. and it does it again with a completely different part of the image...

No idea what the problem is, is it osmething I'm doing wrong in illustrator? is signcut just screwy? any ideas??

when opening an eps in signcut the the seperate color layers are never correct. For some reason signcut is taking certain parts of my artwork and changing it to a different color. I go back into illustrator to make sure the paths are correct, then reopen in signcut.. and it does it again with a completely different part of the image...

No idea what the problem is, is it osmething I'm doing wrong in illustrator? is signcut just screwy? any ideas??

Do you have a sample file?

Paco

A small sample file you make which also is not good on your PC?

Or is it just one file that does not work?

Or send file to info"add"jupacreations.com and I will check it.

Paco

When you save the file in Illustrator, you know that drop-down that asks for the version of Illustrator you want to save for? Try saving it as Illustrator 9 or Illustrator CS and see what SignCut does with it. Sometimes those older formats have better compatibility with other software. You know when Adobe changes the format, they don't tell any of us about it. So unless we know there's some problem we can't just guess what has changed with the importer. If you wouldn't mind, send me the file that is having problems to matt@signcut.net so we can have a look.

Sparky- I wanted to let you know, It is nice to see someone, that is part of the software development with Signcut, if in fact you really are- active on the forums... I think the input you find here will be very valuable to the development and engineering of further updates as what even I read around here is real-world application of varying hardwares and softwares that really runs your software through the wringer so to speak.

Thanks for any help you may offer and hopefully you stick around....

Sparky- I wanted to let you know, It is nice to see someone, that is part of the software development with Signcut, if in fact you really are- active on the forums... I think the input you find here will be very valuable to the development and engineering of further updates as what even I read around here is real-world application of varying hardwares and softwares that really runs your software through the wringer so to speak.

Thanks for any help you may offer and hopefully you stick around....

Well, this board seems pretty dead, so I'm not sure about that :)

18,000 dead body's? That's to funny right there, wonder if Kimon knows you try to go around bad mouthing companies that sell for him.....? hummmmmm