JJL618

Is there a trick to using Clean Cut blades?

I have purchased some Clean Cut Blades, and the first blade I put in did well. It didn't last very long though. Maybe a week just cutting regular Oracal 651 vinyl. Is there a trick to using these things? The tips look as if they are bent after one use, and they are not very sharp rubbing my finger across the top. Any suggestions?

I purchased 5 total, and I am about to put my 4th one in. They go dull after a few uses, and the blade is out only the width of a credit card because I checked. I actually just put a new one in, and the pressure is up to 20 on my Graphtec plotter. I am starting to think it is my plotter because this has happened with different brands of blades.

I have purchased some Clean Cut Blades, and the first blade I put in did well. It didn't last very long though. Maybe a week just cutting regular Oracal 651 vinyl. Is there a trick to using these things? The tips look as if they are bent after one use, and they are not very sharp rubbing my finger across the top. Any suggestions?

I purchased 5 total, and I am about to put my 4th one in. They go dull after a few uses, and the blade is out only the width of a credit card because I checked. I actually just put a new one in, and the pressure is up to 20 on my Graphtec plotter.

The easiest way to test a blade is to install it in your holder..Adjust it so just the very end of the tip is exposed..Take a scrap piece of vinyl..Drag the blade across the vinyl...See if it cuts just the vinyl and not the backing..Adjust it in or out according to which it cuts..You want it to cut just the vinyl but not the backing..Once you get it adjusted correctly it should use the down force from your cutter to cut the vinyl correctly..hope that helps..

stetson5331

I believe I have been putting my blade too far out so I fixed that, and it is now working better. Like I said not a pro at this. :-[

Just a hint for you. When you cut, you should just lightly make an impression on the backing. Check your cuttig strip for damage from the blade being out too far. If you damaged your blades so fast, there is a chance the cutting strip is also damaged. Replace it!!

99 percent chance you have your blade out too far and too much pressure and you are breaking the tip off. main thing to remember with the cleancut is to start with the blade in and low pressure and work your way out as they are made of a finer grain hard carbide and too much out and too much pressure will break the tip. I have been using the same one in my metallic / reflective holder for over a year with lots of vinyl run thru it. the trade off is to make them last longer they are slightly more brittle when not properly used. once you get it dialed in you will be using the same one for 650 for over a year

• Like 1