Signs Down Under

Another Communication Problem .

I sold a friend of mine my Pcut CR 1200, when l bought it, it came with Flexi Starter.

I always designed in SBE and exported to the Flexi Starter for cutting.

Anyway l bought myself the Creation Pcut CS 1200 series with laserpoint and built in card reader... I followed the newbie manual loaded the FTDI drivers as suggested etc. selected the BLAZER USB-SERIAL COMM 4 in the cutter set up and done the same in device manager, selected the UScutter Laserpoint for the cutter and it worked no problems at all... The only thing l had to do is change the Baud from 9600 to 38400 in the comm settings in SB... In the manual for my CS it said it had to run in 38400 if using a serial connection or else the cutter wouldn't work, since the FTDI converts USB to a serial connection this is what l had to do.

The whole thing only took about 10 minutes to get going and am very happy with my new setup.

BTW... Loaded it onto my HP laptop running Vista Home Premium. (32 Bit)

OK... Here is my problem... Just can't figure this out !!!

The friend l sold the CR series to wants to cut from SBE instead of Flexi Starter... Gave him a demo in SBE and he loved it.

I just can't set it up like l did with mine... loaded the same drivers and followed the newbie instructions exactly but device manager does not show the USB-SERIAL it only shows "Creation USB Board" so have no comm to work with to set it up for him.

He is running XP on a desktop, so l tried it on my laptop and is doing the same thing !!

SURELY You can use this cutter in other sign programs besides Flexi Starter, Vinylmaster supports this cutter so you must be able to do it.

He also has Flexi Pro (Ver 7) so l downloaded the Flexi Driver Pack from US Cutters and loaded them and can't even get it to cut out of that.

Just can't seem to get it out of this Creation USB Board.

We took it to a computer guy today and to his frustration couldn't figure it out either !!

Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated or any other driver suggestions.

Gary.

Sorry should of mentioned in my original post above...

The CR series has no serial... USB is the only option.

Gary.

Try using the roland pnc1000 drives - should work for you.

I did try using that Roland driver.

But when you connect the USB cable it goes straight to the Creation USB Board.

In SB l select USB1 and does not work.

Cant stop it from reading this damm Creation Board.

I had Ash fix my computer for me , The things works better than it did when it was BRAND new . He is very reasonable & fair . USCutter will get it going if it is a connection problem , setting etc ( did you buy the P-Cut from USC ? ) ... if it is a computer problem , you may need to get that fixed .

• Like 1

I did try using that Roland driver.

But when you connect the USB cable it goes straight to the Creation USB Board.

In SB l select USB1 and does not work.

Cant stop it from reading this damm Creation Board.

creation is who makes the p-cut so you are finding the right device. - it may be on another usb port. if you bought it from usc they will help you for free. if not you may have to pay someone to help

Creation ROCKS!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm feeling warmth on my backside again Rodger!!! Get the spurs!!!! It's almost HOG riding time again weeeeeeeeeee heehehhehehehe :unsure:

• Like 1

Ash is going to look at this for me... So hopefully he can fix it.

Also was unaware Creation made the Graphtec !!

ok I screwed that one up - and made the correction- it should have read creation makes the p-cut . . . .

to clear that up creation does not make the graphtec . . . .

Hey Dakota... Was going to say thats news to me... Thanks.

Have been trying to research why the CR series shows in device manager as "Creation USB Board" where as other Pcuts dont.

We have now tried on 3 different PC's and all see it as "Creation USB Board" which is leading me to think it can't be a PC problem.

Loaded my CS series on the same 3 PC's and all is fine... Can see the USB-SERIAL in device manager to set everything up ready to cut !!!

OK... Sorry if l sound a bit ignorant...

BUT... What would be the advantage of me downloading these CR 1200 Drivers when l already have the driver for this cutter from when l first purchased the cutter ?? They are also available on the Creation Web Site.

The problem I'm having is as quoted in the newbie manual l need to download the FTDI Driver (Which l Did) "USB to Serial Driver" that creates a comm port via USB... This is what l done when l set up my new "CS" and set both as comm 4... Done.

So... It's the FTDI Drivers I'm having trouble with "Not the driver for the cutter" Have downloaded the FTDI Driver for my mate l sold the CR to. BUT... In device manager it is not creating the virtual USB-SERIAL PORT Needed to run as serial connection.

Basically what it shows in the newbie manual is just not there... When l plug the cutter in and turn it on, in device manager there is no comm port drop down... It just shows CREATION USB BOARD... As if the FTDI drivers don't work for this cutter or something !!

All l need to know is how l can make the comm port drop down list show in device manager when the cutter is connected to the PC so l can see the "USB-Serial COMM Port" as in the newbie manual so l can do the same as l did for my new cutter.

OK... Sorry if l sound a bit ignorant...

BUT... What would be the advantage of me downloading these CR 1200 Drivers when l already have the driver for this cutter from when l first purchased the cutter ?? They are also available on the Creation Web Site.

The problem I'm having is as quoted in the newbie manual l need to download the FTDI Driver (Which l Did) "USB to Serial Driver" that creates a comm port via USB... This is what l done when l set up my new "CS" and set both as comm 4... Done.

So... It's the FTDI Drivers I'm having trouble with "Not the driver for the cutter" Have downloaded the FTDI Driver for my mate l sold the CR to. BUT... In device manager it is not creating the virtual USB-SERIAL PORT Needed to run as serial connection.

Basically what it shows in the newbie manual is just not there... When l plug the cutter in and turn it on, in device manager there is no comm port drop down... It just shows CREATION USB BOARD... As if the FTDI drivers don't work for this cutter or something !!

All l need to know is how l can make the comm port drop down list show in device manager when the cutter is connected to the PC so l can see the "USB-Serial COMM Port" as in the newbie manual so l can do the same as l did for my new cutter.

you said you have the cs 1200 - this is a totally different critter than the cr 1200 - could be different drivers for a different chipset

Thanks Lizzyloo... This is exactly where l bought my CS 1200 about a month ago.

BUT... I don't have a problem with this cutter... All up and running out of SBE.

I do not need drivers for this.

I'm talking about the "CR 1200" l sold to my friend prior to buying the above mentioned cutter.

I am trying to get this running in SBE for him as well... DO NOT NEED DRIVERS FOR THIS CUTTER I HAVE THEM.Looks like Dakota has caught onto what I'm trying to find out, this is the link from the newbie manual for the chipset driver which needs to show in device manager for creating a USB-SERIAL PORT http://www.ftdichip.com//Drivers/CDM/CDM 2.06.00 WHQL Certified.zip But does not work for the CR 1200

It worked for my CS 1200 l just bought... I also tried the updated version from UScutter site and that does not work either.

SO... in short to my original post at the very top... Does anyone know if it is a setting of some kind to show the USB-SERIAL PORT in the drop down menu under COMM/LPT in device manager because it is not there OR a different chipset driver that would be suitable :huh:

In device manager next to a USB symbol it always shows "Creation USB Board" no matter what PC everything is loaded on.

Again this is only happening for the CR 1200.

Gary.

Looks as if your having to much fun Gary, give me an email when you want me to get this going :thumbsup:

Drivers.... thats not even the problem whatsoever ahahahahah

When you get ready and setup, you have my email

:D

AHHH... BINGO... YES THANK YOU ASH :D:D:D

I really appreciate everyone's input here trying to help solve my problem.

BUT... As l kept saying it is not a cutter driver problem... I have that driver.

Ash here is a link from the FTDI Web Site l found... Maybe it will make more sense to you than me :blink:

If you look about half way down the page (Figure 7.2) it is not showing the USB Serial port (Circled in Red) when l connect the CR 1200. Also the USB Serial converter d) (Also Circled in Red)

When l connect the CR 1200 in the only thing it shows is "Creation USB Board" included where all the little pictures are of the USB connectors... Not the items circled in Red.

It did not do this when l set up my new CS 1200

This is what l cant figure out or why it is doing that for. (Only happens with the CR no matter what computer it's loaded on)

http://ftdichip.com/Documents/AppNotes/AN_107_AdvancedDriverOptions_AN_000073.pdf

Cheers,

Gary.

Ah... Good sweet as.

I guess if l stuffed around with it enough l could figure it... But l don't want to screw it up either :D

Prefer for you to look at it.

Like l said had no problem with my new cutter... Just this CR wants to show as "Creation USB Board" in device manager all the time.

Have got you on world clock for the time difference so it's a reasonable time for both of us.

Will email you when l can get my mate here with his PC and the cutter.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Gary.

The time does not matter to Ash .. He never sleeps anyway :)